• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Howdy! I'm Earfolds

Earfolds

YouTube
Visit Channel
Pleased to meet you all. I'm Ted, or Earfolds.

I've been interested in cubing for a while, ever since Numberphile did a set of videos on Rubik's Cubes on YouTube in 2012, but I was always a little bit apprehensive about actually learning to solve a cube, as I've felt as though I would never be able to memorise the techniques, or that it would be far too difficult for me.

I think that part of why I felt I wouldn't be able to do it is because I've only ever had experience with dollar store cubes and Rubik's brand before, but a week ago, a friend of mine showed me his cube, which he had lubed up, and it was a joy to move. I could never go back to using Rubik's.

I decided to look up videos on YouTube to learn more, and found videos by Cubeologist and CrazyBadCuber to be most interesting, and a few days ago, I bought myself a QiYi Thunderclap, based on really good reviews, especially for its price.

I'll be learning to solve this thing over the next few weeks and months, but I can already tell I'll have a lot of fun with this. I'm currently learning Leyan Lo's beginner's method, which Google tells me is a good place to start.

I'm also interested in juggling and yo-yo throwing, and I've also been learning to play guitar recently, so I guess I'm taking up a few new hobbies lately!

It would be good to get to know you all!