• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to try new lube setups and what setup I should use

TheValk

WCA
2022DEAR03
So I started cubing around 7 months ago and I've already gotten a PB of 11.718. I just now started thinking about lubes and what I should do about them, right now just use Cubicle silk and GAN 1. I plan on ordering DNM-37, Angstrom Dignitas/Gravitas, Weight 5, and Mystic to try different setups but I don't really know how the most efficient way to try new lube setups are. I need help on this and maybe some recommendations for setups.

Discomantis

WCA
2022ROGE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
In general, your cube should be at the fastest speed that you can turn the cube without a high risk of overshooting on algorithms. This speed varies from person to person. Each lube will change the speed of the cube in a different way. Angstrong lubes and cubicle silk slow down your cube meanwhile DNM 37 and mystic speed up your cube. DMN 37 is one of the fastest lubes out there, so you might want to try DMN-37 and see if you can handle using it without overshooting. If you can't, then you should clean your cube out to get the lube off and try a slightly slower lubricant, and keep repeating that process until you find something that you like. You could also try combining lubricants, but make sure you be careful as combining certain lubes might make your cube awful. In general, finding out what lubes you like just requires experimentation.