• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to take apart a QiYi MS (3M)?

zslane

I tried taking out an edge piece, but it won't come out, and I'm afraid of breaking the puzzle if I apply any more force. Is there some trick to it?

zslane

Yeah, that's what I was doing. The edges just won't come out. I'm not sure what else to try.

I'd love to hear from someone who has actually done it with an MS 3M.

Yeah, that's what I was doing. The edges just won't come out. I'm not sure what else to try.

I understand the underlying premise of your post. While i wouldn't describe the feeling as "tight" when solving, when attempting to disassemble mine it feels "extremely tight." I planned on lubing a few cubes last weekend but just skipped the MS all together because it just felt wrong and on the verge of breaking trying to use the "standard method" of disassembly.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel

Loosen the tensions (loosen the screw under one of the center caps) on one side, then try again with the edge.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Turn layer 45 degrees, pull down on F2L pair underneath edge to loosen, then twist edge 45 degrees in position, then pull out. If it’s too tight, try loosening one side. And keep jiggling.