• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to Sub 2 in 5x5?

CubeorCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi guys, I was wondering how can I sub 2 mins on 5x5. I currently average 2m 40s. I really want to get sub 2. Any tips? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Hunter

YouTube
Visit Channel
I recommend you take the main points and practice techniques from this video. It is made for the clock, but you can adapt it to 5x5.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hunter

YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't really know. Possibly you could post a solve video or do a break down of your time.

(2:30 total, 0:40 centers, 1:10 edges, 0:40 3x3) :)

MostEd

WCA
2012BETA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just did lots and lots of solves. Then hit sub2, and did more solves :p.
My first sub2 was 1:54, and straight after the single i did an avg5, the avg5 was sub2, and form there on i did more 5x5 than usual, im about 1:50sh for 5x5

Andri Maulana

WCA
2011SYAH02
YouTube
Visit Channel
When i use my friend's YJ 5x5x5, it's so hard to get sub 3 avg.

Then i bought SS 5x5, and magically got around 2:30 avg
I did not practice 5x5 that much, and basically only have done 1 session with 25 solves.

After take a break around 6 month, i start cubing again and join weekly comp. Only around 8 solves a day, now i can get sub 1:55 avg

So i think, you don't need that much practice especially if you already sub 1 on 4x4

KrisM

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys. I've been wanting to get a sub-5 on a 5x5 for such a long time now. I average around 2:15 or 2:20. My best solve has been 2:01, and it really just made me want that sub-2 even more. I'll break down my times for you.
Centers: 40 - 45
Edges: 60 - 70
3x3: 25- 35

KrisM

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, sorry I should have mentioned that I wanted some tips. :) I'll try to look ahead. I've been practicing for a long time. Edges are getting better. It just is eluding me for whatever reason.

sukesh12

WCA
2011SUBA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks to all of you, I right now average sub-1:50!

Hey KrisM, old boy, why don't you go ahead and watch Mitchell Lanes look ahead video, Or if have then go to YouTube and watch cyoubx's (dunno if the spelling's right) How to be Sub-2 on 5x5 videos. He's explaining a lot of useful and super easy to understand stuff.
Hope this helps.