• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] How to Solve the Last Two 5x5 Centers Faster

CUB3R01

First off- this is not really new information. Most of the information from the video can be found on Lucas Garron's site. I couldn't find a video that showed how to make the 2x3 block and then showed the algorithm for each of the 18 cases. I know someone could easily just look up each of the cases, but it might help some people to see the algorithms being done. Plus not everyone knows the super-fantastic "T" trick (Thanks Dan!) I know it helps me learn algorithms if I see them performed first :)

This is my first puzzle tutorial so please give me tips!

Last edited by a moderator:

Felix1996

YouTube
Visit Channel
mhm.. sounds is not correctly i think..

whats your 5x5 avg?
i'm sub 1:45 right now, and i think some cases are much easier to solve intuitive.. i think you don't have to learn algs for the last 2 center, just think about it..

CUB3R01

mhm.. sounds is not correctly i think..

whats your 5x5 avg?
i'm sub 1:45 right now, and i think some cases are much easier to solve intuitive.. i think you don't have to learn algs for the last 2 center, just think about it..
Yes, the algs are intuitive. The algs are there to help you if you can't figure them out on your own. Similar to finding better solutions for gross f2l cases, you can look up how to solve the last two center case and find a solution that is much nicer than the one you are using. And when you learn the algorithm and perform it a few times it makes sense enough to the point where you are just thinking about it. :)
But, my 5x5 average is around 2:10! I have trouble with edges...