• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to reduce inspection time?

nanocube

1669031934466.png
Here is a typical 3*3 Ao5 for me.
Happy with my times but can't get the inspection time down without ruining my average.
What should I do ?

Imsoosm

What do you average if you use the standard 15 second inspection?

I would suggest to time your inspections, and lowering it second by second. You can try to, say, inspect in 24 seconds, and force yourself to start solving when the timer reaches 24 seconds. If this doesn't affect your times, then continue lowering the inspection time second by second, until your solving times start to get slower. Now you can just do lots of solves with that amount of inspection time that you're having trouble with.

nanocube

What do you average if you use the standard 15 second inspection?

I would suggest to time your inspections, and lowering it second by second. You can try to, say, inspect in 24 seconds, and force yourself to start solving when the timer reaches 24 seconds. If this doesn't affect your times, then continue lowering the inspection time second by second, until your solving times start to get slower. Now you can just do lots of solves with that amount of inspection time that you're having trouble with.
I go from 18... to 23..., (+ i loose consistency) first because of the cross itself, but mainly because after the cross I am lost for the first pair, and secondly the stress that has build up by then ruins the rest of the solve.

Imsoosm

Well, an alternative solution can be to just lower your inspection time to 15 seconds and don't mind it if you get slow. It seems like from your stats that you're pausing really much, so work on your recognition and do your best. With practice you can definitely sub-20 with only 15 seconds of inspection.