• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to get to sub10?

trillionaire

I'm averaging a little under 13.5 right now (1.5-7-2-2 breakdown on a usual good solve) but just 3k or so solves ago late last year i got my first sub15 ao100 (current record is 13.33) and i've been improving pretty quickly since then. i know my breakdown should be more like 1.2-5-1.6-2.2 to be sub10 and to achieve that i would mainly have to get a lot faster at f2l. right now my f2l is mostly pauseless with usually just one or two pauses per solve but occasionally i'll have three and sometimes i'll get good pauseless tens, and i can practice completely pauseless f2l every time but then it takes me around 10sec as opposed to 7sec. to get my f2l completely pauseless and around 5sec do i just need to keep practicing and doing a lot of solves and i'll get there eventually or do i need to practice f2l specifically in some way to improve, and how would you recommend i do that?

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Try searching before posting a new thread next time.

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Try searching before posting a new thread next time.
Try reading the forum rules before flaming new members next time...

From the forum rules:
1615386393544.png

For the OP. Welcome to the forums! We have what a called "mega-threads" here which are large on-going threads that house common topics similar to your question. Hopefully someone here can help you with your F2L improvement; I am much slower than you so I'm not sure I can offer much advice.

If you are not doing F2L substep specific practice already I'd try that. Make a new session in csTimer and set the left box at the top to "3x3" and the right to "cross-solved." Solve F2L and rescramble, you'll get much more repetition with your F2L practice this way...I've been doing this lately and it has really helped my times.