• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to get sub 20 missing?

bwatkins

Seriously ugh I checked the stickies in discussion and questions and the thread was gone, and I searched sub 20 and got 0 results. I was like wtf? But thanks guys, and now I look like an idiot.

Edit: Just so I don't seem crazy: http://fatboy.geekside.com/sub20.jpg

I think many users have a problem with this...I bet you used the "search" function thats at the top of the home page next to "calendar" and "New Posts." I searched sub-20 in there and also found no results.

However, if you click on forum on the top left of the home page, it will take you to the subcategories of forums. In the google search bar in the center of the page if you search sub-20 the threads the other are speaking about can be found...HAPPY SEARCHING!

bwatkins

Yes i see this as a large problem. Too many times are new members ridiculed for not using the search function when the first arrive. I see it happen all the time, and it is a horrible way to be welcomed to the forums. I very can see why THIS thread has been created.

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
See, being a forum nerd from many gaming sites usually I'm used to using the built in search function. Not a google search within the forum. Sorry guys :/ And the link given was not the one I wanted. I will search again though using the above method and if I still can't find it I'll ask again. If this helps, it's the one that has the time line of going like 1.5 minutes or so, all the way like sub15 I believe. The write up basically says start out at beginner, then learn something like keyhole, learn to start looking ahead, learn something like fridrich or a more advanced F2L, etc. It also gives expected time frames, which is what I was looking for. Just finished up my PLLs and wanting to see how long I can expect to get a 20 avg.

Edit: That google search is also at the top of this page. I fail.

Last edited:

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
There are many times when the Google search function is far inferior to the vB Search, so please don't take the vB Search away. I almost never use the Google search, because I usually can't find what I want from it.

I'm guessing maybe the reason the vB Search fails on this one is because "20" is too small to be recognized as a search word?

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Man, thank you. I thought I looked at that thread last night too. Maybe there are others like it, not sure. But thank you so much. My knowledge of the wiki is small since I haven't had time to just read through all of it yet. The small amount of time I have to do stuff I try to spend doing more work on my 3x3 and now my megaminx :p