• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Chrisandstuff

Ok currently im on step 3 (but Im 4 algs away from full PLL) I average 42-47ish sometimes better or worse depending on how I spot my pairs that session. Im using intiutive F2L and Im at a point I can group and input most pairs without having to look at them.
My cross is still around 7 seconds
my F2L on a good solve is done (with cross) around the 25 sec mark
OLL takes me 5 seconds
PLL takes me from 5 to 12 seconds (depends on my recognition of the PLL and which one it is my T(less then 2 secs), F, Jb, Rb, A(both) perms are all 3 seconds or less excution except T which is 2.
So thats a good solve example and the only difference between my good solves and bad solves are either my cross or F2L sometimes somehow I butcher my cross I think its because I try to preplan my cross and I end up miscalculating where a piece would be. Even using a 4LLL my average is the same because I dont think to execute each alg for the PLL I just do it.
Ive noticed my really good solves (my low 30 solves) there was no pause in movement from my cross to my F2L and I had a good PLL case (my earlier mentioned 3 sec or less ones) I learned F2L about 3 weeks ago and yea. IDK I cant seem to push past my 40 sec average barrier.

skeletonboy

Ok currently im on step 3 (but Im 4 algs away from full PLL) I average 42-47ish sometimes better or worse depending on how I spot my pairs that session. Im using intiutive F2L and Im at a point I can group and input most pairs without having to look at them.
My cross is still around 7 seconds
my F2L on a good solve is done (with cross) around the 25 sec mark
OLL takes me 5 seconds
PLL takes me from 5 to 12 seconds (depends on my recognition of the PLL and which one it is my T(less then 2 secs), F, Jb, Rb, A(both) perms are all 3 seconds or less excution except T which is 2.
So thats a good solve example and the only difference between my good solves and bad solves are either my cross or F2L sometimes somehow I butcher my cross I think its because I try to preplan my cross and I end up miscalculating where a piece would be. Even using a 4LLL my average is the same because I dont think to execute each alg for the PLL I just do it.
Ive noticed my really good solves (my low 30 solves) there was no pause in movement from my cross to my F2L and I had a good PLL case (my earlier mentioned 3 sec or less ones) I learned F2L about 3 weeks ago and yea. IDK I cant seem to push past my 40 sec average barrier.

I was exactly like you. 3 weeks of F2L isn't enough. A few months would be better (little sarcasm). It takes a lot of practicxe to get F2L down AND solid. It's not like an algorithm where you go like BAM, I memorized an algorithm. Intuitive F2L is, indeed fully intuitive, you must know how to execute the moves on the F2L case you have and do it without looking so you can LOOKAHEAD.
So, practice a lot more.

Lookahead, is probably one of the most important things also. You mustn't do a F2L pair and wait for 5 seconds for your brain to recognize the remaining F2L pieces. If that were to be true, it would be (5 sec inspection+2-3 sec execution X4=about 30 seconds of F2L) But with an at least decent lookahead it will be
(5 sec inspection+3-4 sec execution+skip inspection+3-4 second execution+skip inspection+3-4 second execution+skip lookahead+3-4 second inspection = about 19 seconds F2L) Huge difference.

PandaCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I wish there was this much information on Roux. It would help me so much.

CFOP question. On average, How many rotations should be done? Cause i rotation the cube so much on this method xD

Chrisandstuff

I was exactly like you. 3 weeks of F2L isn't enough. A few months would be better (little sarcasm). It takes a lot of practicxe to get F2L down AND solid. It's not like an algorithm where you go like BAM, I memorized an algorithm. Intuitive F2L is, indeed fully intuitive, you must know how to execute the moves on the F2L case you have and do it without looking so you can LOOKAHEAD.
So, practice a lot more.

Lookahead, is probably one of the most important things also. You mustn't do a F2L pair and wait for 5 seconds for your brain to recognize the remaining F2L pieces. If that were to be true, it would be (5 sec inspection+2-3 sec execution X4=about 30 seconds of F2L) But with an at least decent lookahead it will be
(5 sec inspection+3-4 sec execution+skip inspection+3-4 second execution+skip inspection+3-4 second execution+skip lookahead+3-4 second inspection = about 19 seconds F2L) Huge difference.

Yea I knew I wouldnt be able to Get F2L down really well but like I said I can input most cases without looking at them I did some practice on this (slow solves locate both the corner and edge and insert) and I was successfull 8/10 times. (the other 2/10 id input the edge with wrong oreintation) The times I get really good F2L is when I actually conciously try to input while looking ahead for my next pair obviously. But just 2 weeks ago I was averaging over a minute and now its under 50 seconds. Im starting to work on inputing 2 pairs blind (idea from bad mephistos vid) and Im not really doing that good at it but im gonna keep practing it. Just as an idea I do 100+ solves a day about half timed half slow practicing F2L pair spotting and stuff. Thank you for al of your help though Im gonna keep practicing.

skeletonboy

Yea I knew I wouldnt be able to Get F2L down really well but like I said I can input most cases without looking at them I did some practice on this (slow solves locate both the corner and edge and insert) and I was successfull 8/10 times. (the other 2/10 id input the edge with wrong oreintation) The times I get really good F2L is when I actually conciously try to input while looking ahead for my next pair obviously. But just 2 weeks ago I was averaging over a minute and now its under 50 seconds. Im starting to work on inputing 2 pairs blind (idea from bad mephistos vid) and Im not really doing that good at it but im gonna keep practing it. Just as an idea I do 100+ solves a day about half timed half slow practicing F2L pair spotting and stuff. Thank you for al of your help though Im gonna keep practicing.

That is called Multislotting, but that is quite an advanced technique, especially for you. I can average sub-30 without the knowledge of "Multislotting". It really doesn't matter to you at this stage, although it is nice to try it out when you are beginner. But, currently, just focus on practicing lookahead or even memorizing easy algorithms in your spare time.

Just a heads up, you really need a great and strong base of blind F2L if you want to go for Multislotting. You have to locate 2 pairs and slot them blind while locating other pairs, so you must know the cube very well to do it well.

Good Luck and keep practicing! :)

Chrisandstuff

Thank you and I just did a mean of 50 solves it was 42.76, best time 34.57, worst time 56.24, standard deviation 5.04, best Ao5 38.70 (37.49 41.31 (37.24) (50.33) 37.29) Best Ao12 40.55 (43.31 42.36 34.80 43.47 35.06 43.18 41.82 (43.51) 42.15 39.27 40.05 (34.57)) So I guess I am progressing I did an Ao100 like 3 days ago and it was a 45ish time.

Last edited:

skeletonboy

Thank you and I just did a mean of 50 solves it was 42.76, best time 34.57, worst time 56.24, standard deviation 5.04, best Ao5 38.70 (37.49 41.31 (37.24) (50.33) 37.29) Best Ao12 40.55 (43.31 42.36 34.80 43.47 35.06 43.18 41.82 (43.51) 42.15 39.27 40.05 (34.57)) So I guess I am progressing I did an Ao100 like 3 days ago and it was a 45ish time.

Really, don't spend so much time on timing. Ao50-100 is way too much. Turn that time into useful practicing instead of intense cubing. When you're timing you're timing yourself, you give pressure to yourself and you can't think so well because you're thinking about beating the time. That will not make you progress. Do some practicing, (useful that is) instead of so many averages. Maybe do an Ao5 or Ao12 at the and of the day to see where you are. I know it's tempting to test out new stuff against the time, but it isn't worth it. Practice it , then time it if you really want to.

And good job! Keep it up and you'll be there in no time.

Chrisandstuff

Like I was saying I do 100+ solves a day I only time around 50 of them though I do ALOT of slow solves just to see how to better insert my F2L pairs and keep track of my next pair. Just the past few days though ive been real heavy on timing all my solves so I think tomorrow Im going to take a break and not time any of them just going to do slow solves and Ill see what happens the day after tomorrow. (I also have a guhong in the mail hopefully it wont lock up as much as my Type B does)

jskyler91

YouTube
Visit Channel
Like I was saying I do 100+ solves a day I only time around 50 of them though I do ALOT of slow solves just to see how to better insert my F2L pairs and keep track of my next pair. Just the past few days though ive been real heavy on timing all my solves so I think tomorrow Im going to take a break and not time any of them just going to do slow solves and Ill see what happens the day after tomorrow. (I also have a guhong in the mail hopefully it wont lock up as much as my Type B does)[/QUOTE

The Guhong will help, but your biggest help will be practice and time. I have been Cubing for about a year and I am still learning better ways to do the F2L. Just relax and have fun dude. At your stage you really need to focus on developing comfort with the F2L and making sure that you don't develop bad habits such as doing unnecessary cube rotations and regrips.

Chrisandstuff

I have a big problem with cube rotations regrips during algs im ok with though (at most 2 regrips for an alg and thats the new N perm I learned)

Ok Ive been working today on less cube rotations and ive gone from like 15+ cube rotations to 7 or less I found how to input most pairs from different angles using the R U and L faces.

Last edited:

RickyCube

Fridrich Method

Hi I have learnt the Dan Brown method for the Rubik's Cube and now I want to find a quicker way. However I can't seem to remember the algorithms for the Fridrich Method. Can someone please help I want to bring my time down. :mad:

mrnachos38

What can I do to get better at 3x3x3?

Hey guys,
so i've been cubing for a while now and i do intuitive f2l. what can i do to get my f2l faster than it is now? my f2l + cross is about 22-27 seconds, but i want to get it down to 15 seconds.
oh and also i do two look oll and pll
*cube is a lubix fusion*

mrnachos38

how and how can i look ahead? after i finish a cross i just solve the first edge piece i see, but have to go searching for a new pair after that and it wastes time

jskyler91

YouTube
Visit Channel
I would say that you should really make sure you do F2L effectively and check out my vids in my sig, they should help you some. Also, make sure you aren't moving without a plan i.e. don't turn/ cube rotate, or anything until you know what exactly you are going to do.