• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Caden Fisher

WCA
2022FISH12
YouTube
Visit Channel
I average about 29s on 3x3. My pb is 19.9. One day I just sat down and did solves until I got a sub 20. I guess my tip would be do lots of solves in a row. Like a dozen solves or more. That way your hands are warmed up and ready.

Also, practicing cross is a good way to shave a second or two off of your time. At least for me

Zeke_beke

Also, practicing cross is a good way to shave a second or two off of your time. At least for me
I average about 29s on 3x3. My pb is 19.9. One day I just sat down and did solves until I got a sub 20. I guess my tip would be do lots of solves in a row. Like a dozen solves or more. That way your hands are warmed up and ready.
Thanks I’m gonna try that

Theoruff

I disagree learn intuitive F2L first then full PLL, I went from averaging 40 to about 23, by learning pll and making F2L more efficient. Also, all my sub 20 PBs are on an x-cross so I would highly recommend learning the basics because if you can pull one off it could help with your PB.

Stock_Fish109

I disagree learn intuitive F2L first then full PLL, I went from averaging 40 to about 23, by learning pll and making F2L more efficient. Also, all my sub 20 PBs are on an x-cross so I would highly recommend learning the basics because if you can pull one off it could help with your PB.
What i meant was intuitive F2L so as that you have good muscle memory for certain cases, then PLL

Zeke_beke

do you know full OLL? if you do, then you should improve on your turning speed, and you should practice look-ahead. Can you provide a split-time so we can see which area you should improve most on I’m scared to learn full oll my split is:
Cross 4.71
F2L 16.76
Oll 5.08
Pll 7.27

Zeke_beke

Your cross is pretty good, you might want to work on your F2L a little bit more, because thats the most time consuming part of your solve. If you know intuitive F2L but is not very familiar with the cases, then sometimes you should just use beginner way to solve the pair. Meanwhile, you can practice on your own for the F2L cases, and when you get VERY familiar (when you see the case you think of the algorithm), you can start using that algorithm in your solves.

For beginner's method, your OLL and PLL are pretty good. If you ask me to use beginner's method right now, I would have a 20-25 second average, and occasionally I might get some sub-20s. Sub-20 with beginner's method is very hard, though. If you want to get to sub-20 sooner, then the only thing you can do is to learn full CFOP. Hope this helps you anyway.

If you didn't memorize it, I would recommend you to memorize the yellow cross algorithms in OLL, where you already have a yellow cross on top solved. There are only 7 algorithms, and these algs help a lot with OLL.
Thanks for your help but I meant that like I’m learning 1 look pll and I know 2 look oll and pll

Zeke_beke

I see, then work on 1 look PLL first because it has less algs than OLL, then work on your F2L because it takes up more than half of your solve. Hopefully this helps.
Thank for all the advice with it i litterlay just like last solve got a 20 second pb and am closing in and sub 20

cubingnobody

Hi, I'm new to CFOP and new to the site. Currently, I've been using beginner CFOP for about a week and my average has improved by about 15 seconds. I plan on learning full OLL and full PLL, but I don't know what order to do so in. Should I learn OLL first or PLL first? Which algs should I learn first? I'd be really delighted if someone could help me out. Thanks in advance!

cuberswoop

WCA
2022FROU01
Hi, I'm new to CFOP and new to the site. Currently, I've been using beginner CFOP for about a week and my average has improved by about 15 seconds. I plan on learning full OLL and full PLL, but I don't know what order to do so in. Should I learn OLL first or PLL first? Which algs should I learn first? I'd be really delighted if someone could help me out. Thanks in advance!
Most people agree that it's better to learn PLL first, then OLL.

IsThatA4x4

WCA
2022RITC01

Learn PLL first. It has less algs making it easier and means you'll get better at learning them as you go. Because you've learned the EPLLS (edges only), just keep working your way through the most common PLLs which I believe are A, R, J, T, F, V, and Y. G perms are just as common (and there are four of them so G is actually the most common) so don't neglect them for too long.
After that the next most common is E, followed by N.

WCA
2022LOHK01
YouTube
Visit Channel

start from PLL and then learn 2 look OLL and intuitive F2L

Caden Fisher

WCA
2022FISH12
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey all. I just got an ao12 pb on 3x3. I got the cross, F2l, Oll, and Pll splits too. I was hoping someone could look at them and tell me what I should work on to improve the most. Thanks.
i know 2l Oll + some easy cases and full Pll.
7CB1DF7E-C775-4A0D-86F9-274FDC148BB5.jpegE169F103-EEF4-4327-8502-523B384D2E40.jpeg

ashar81

My advice would be to start learning 2 look OLL, then move on to the PLLs. You can start PLL before you finish OLL, but make sure you don't abandon OLL for too long as it will really help you. I personally don't think it really matters which order you learn PLL in, as long as you group the letters together(so learn both N perms together, both R perms together, all G perms together, and so on) If you want a good order to learn them in, cubeskills.com has a list of the PLLs you can find, I used the order when i learned it (with a few exceptions). CFOP last layer seems like a lot to take in, but in reality, you'll be fine in the end no matter what order you learn them in, so whatever works for you.