• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ah. Maybe you should start F2L algs because intuitive F2L takes a bit of time. I recommend the F2L pdf from cubeskills, because they are quite fast. I think you should also start learning some PLL algs for the cases that take a bit of time. You should already know the Y perm, T perm, H perm, Z perm and the U perms. You can learn faster algs for the U perms, because the R U versions are very slow and the M U versions are very fast.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
in my experience as someone learning f2l, most are intuitive but there are a few where it's just better to memorize the cases. usually the corner and edge stuck together cases. for some the best algs are kinda unintuitive

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
how to sub-10 on rubik 3x3?
I can't really tell if this is a joke, but assuming you are talking about sub 10 seconds, I would get a good performing cube like an Rs3M or Qiyi MS. Then make sure you know full OLL-PLL, have efficient and fast f2l, cross in 7 moves or less, and practice practice practice.
Edit: Do dedicated practice. Don't just spam solves.

Last edited:

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
how to sub-10 on rubik 3x3?
I can't really tell if this is a joke, but assuming you are talking about sub 10 seconds, I would get a good performing cube like an Rs3M or Qiyi MS. Then make sure you know full OLL-PLL, have efficient and fast f2l, cross in 7 moves or less, and practice practice practice.
Probably they don’t want to buy a speedcube for some reason.

What’s your current average?

B class cuber

Hi everyone
I am new to cubing.
I started 3 months ago
I am averaging 36
I want to know how long it takes to become sub 15
I want some advises about f2l practice.
and how to recognize oll/oll faster.
thanks for reading

CubeRed

Hi everyone
I am new to cubing.
I started 3 months ago
I am averaging 36
I want to know how long it takes to become sub 15
I want some advises about f2l practice.
and how to recognize oll/oll faster.
thanks for reading
Well, I have been cubing for about 8 months now and recently achieved sub 20. It's mostly dedication and practice but I assume about a year. To recognize OLL, remember a characteristic about a certain OLL (Eg. Headlights, no corners) and use alg trainers.

JJJAY

Hi, I am trying really really really hard to get to sub 20 on 3x3, I use:
CFOP
Currently averaging around 22-25 secs
Best: 17 worst: 33
Main 3x3: Gan356M and Gan11M duo

4 to 10 moves cross (4 secs),

mix of advanced and intuitive F2L (13 secs),
Look ahead sometimes for F2L

1 or 2 look OLL (half of the cases learnt) (2 to 4 secs)
1 look PLL (bad at G Perms and V Perms) (3 secs)

I think i usually stop a lot at times to identify what F2L case to do next, what oll what pll

Pls tell me how to improve apart from saying practise

T H A N K S
~JJJAY