• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
D

Deleted member 55877

Improvement speed doesn't really matter, as long as you are having fun.

I practiced an insane amount during quarantine, so I think I improved fairly fast (I average 10-11 and started in February)

Improvement speed doesn't really matter, as long as you are having fun.

I practiced an insane amount during quarantine, so I think I improved fairly fast (I average 10-11 and started in February)
Agreed, Cubing is about enjoyability but everyone wants to get fast. So practise much and effective. Try to practise certain parts of the Cube like
F2L. Good luck in future

Porcupine01

Can I get some free solve critiques?
I don’t know how I can improve except learning more algs, if there any free solve critiquing services out there, please put me in the right Direction!?

D

Deleted member 55877

What do you average? If you average slower than 20 seconds then you probably don't need a critique, you just need to practice more/learn from other people's example solves/watch YT videos about how to get faster etc

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well if you want to get faster the first thing you need to do is learn full PLL to reduce yourself to 3LLL. I recommend learning the A,U,T,Y,J,L,H, and Z perms first. Then learn the rest since you can use Y,T,A,J, and L to reduce any of the other cases into a U perm. After that start learning the 2 edges oriented OLLs then the rest. But after that you can mostly just do solves and practice a lot and you’ll get sub-20 as you get better at your LL algs and improve your F2L.

DNF_Cuber

i am averaging around 24 seconds ...pls help me how to be sub 15:)
work on sub 20 first, and check out:

Rubuscu

Hello everyone.

I have been cubing for exactly 11 months. I have recently lowered my average under 30 seconds. Now, my average is around 26-27 seconds and I am aiming to get to sub-20 average under 1 year. Can anyone help? Here are some problems to which I cannot find any solution:

1. I am dual colour neutral (white and yellow), though I must confess I am still a little better on white. But in inspection, I cannot determine whether it is better to start on white cross or yellow cross.

2. Though I completely plan out my cross during inspection, I cannot execute it very fast

3. I have a big pause between cross and F2l. I have to pick an corner and spend 2-3 seconds finding its corresponding edge.

4. I often confuse between sune and anti-sune cases for 2-look OLL under fast-turning conditions

5. Though I learn good PLL algorithms with the best finger tricks, I cannot execute them very fast, I just can't

I would really appreciate of someone helps me out

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
1. I am dual colour neutral (white and yellow), though I must confess I am still a little better on white. But in inspection, I cannot determine whether it is better to start on white cross or yellow cross.

That shouldn't be a problem. Leave to you intuition to determine which color is better to solve. You should be able to solve in your mind before moving the cube. It may take a while to solve in your head as it needs practice. visualize the solutions is not an inherent ability. Take your time to solve in your mind no matter how much time it takes. After a good while you can do it in less than 15 seconds. to know which color you should solve, pick the one you can solve with the less moves / better ergonomic.

badmephisto's video can help with some interesting fingertricks

2. Though I completely plan out my cross during inspection, I cannot execute it very fast

the key is to learn better fingertricks. study crosses on reconstructions and see what fingetricks were used. are you using wide turns? that influence a lot on your cross solving
the video I posted in the top might help with that

3. I have a big pause between cross and F2l. I have to pick an corner and spend 2-3 seconds finding its corresponding edge.

again, at your level that's a very common problem. practice alone can help with that as your vision of the pieces get sharper

4. I often confuse between sune and anti-sune cases for 2-look OLL under fast-turning conditions

Sune : put the solved piece at top/left/front. the corner on the top/right/front points to you
anti-Sune : put the solved piece at top/left/front. the corner on the top/right/front points to the right
with practice you will recognize almost instantly

5. Though I learn good PLL algorithms with the best finger tricks, I cannot execute them very fast, I just can't

I remeber how I struggle to devise good fingertricks, watch videos of pll execution and try to incorporate them in your solves.

FINAL THOUGHTS

Just solving again an again and doing some sort of focused drills like pll or cross can help you a ton. I think you will progress quickly if you just do avg50 or avg100 if you can with a good frequency

good luck my friend

Rubuscu

That shouldn't be a problem. Leave to you intuition to determine which color is better to solve. You should be able to solve in your mind before moving the cube. It may take a while to solve in your head as it needs practice. visualize the solutions is not an inherent ability. Take your time to solve in your mind no matter how much time it takes. After a good while you can do it in less than 15 seconds. to know which color you should solve, pick the one you can solve with the less moves / better ergonomic.

badmephisto's video can help with some interesting fingertricks

the key is to learn better fingertricks. study crosses on reconstructions and see what fingetricks were used. are you using wide turns? that influence a lot on your cross solving
the video I posted in the top might help with that

again, at your level that's a very common problem. practice alone can help with that as your vision of the pieces get sharper

Sune : put the solved piece at top/left/front. the corner on the top/right/front points to you
anti-Sune : put the solved piece at top/left/front. the corner on the top/right/front points to the right
with practice you will recognize almost instantly

I remeber how I struggle to devise good fingertricks, watch videos of pll execution and try to incorporate them in your solves.

FINAL THOUGHTS

Just solving again an again and doing some sort of focused drills like pll or cross can help you a ton. I think you will progress quickly if you just do avg50 or avg100 if you can with a good frequency

good luck my friend

Thank you very much

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everyone.

I have been cubing for exactly 11 months. I have recently lowered my average under 30 seconds. Now, my average is around 26-27 seconds and I am aiming to get to sub-20 average under 1 year. Can anyone help? Here are some problems to which I cannot find any solution:

I would really appreciate of someone helps me out
@Filipe Teixeira has already answered these, but some further comments:
2. Learn good fingertricks, and try increasing your TPS. Practise spamming algorithms or R U R’ U’ to speed up. If you start turning inaccurately or cannot lookahead though, slow down. Also, posting a video would be very helpful to determine what you need to work on.
3. This will come with practise. If you’re planning out cross fully, try to spend some time while solving it to watch for F2L pieces, or even start predicting where F2L pieces end up in inspection.
4. Just practise more, the differences will get more distinct as time goes on. I always think of it as being if the left or the right corner (with the solved corner pointing towards you like an arrow) is flipped towards your way.
5. Perhaps it is your cube. What are you using?