• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
D

Deleted member 55877

To everyone who wants to improve lookahead, PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO. I'm not joking when I say that this video helped me TREMENDOUSLY on lookahead, whereas other lookahead videos (even J Perm's) barely helped me at all. TRUST ME, WATCH THIS VIDEO

Roux Empress

I've been using CFOP for a week now and currently sub-35, any tips will be appreciated :3
(I want to be sub-30)

jdh3000

What do you guys recommend for me to get faster at 3x3 I just started cubing about a month ago.

Work on your cross, make sure you're doing it on the bottom.
Get to know your color schemes real well so you can solve the cross anywhere on the bottom and then orient it.

Do your f2l intuitively, but learn some algorithms for real tough cases.

After you get comfortable with inserting pairs, practice inserting them with your eyes closed.

That will lead you into look ahead which is seeing your next pair while mindlessly inserting the present one.

Roux Empress

I love Roux too much to switch entirely lol and as you said it'd be counterproductive and method neutrality isn't really productive either so I'll just get to sub 30 with CFOP for 4x4 and 5x5. Tysm for the advice!!! I'll work on my efficiency and finish CMLL(done with half but didn't learn recog for some dumb reason)

Eamon

YouTube
Visit Channel
I love Roux too much to switch entirely lol and as you said it'd be counterproductive and method neutrality isn't really productive either so I'll just get to sub 30 with CFOP for 4x4 and 5x5. Tysm for the advice!!! I'll work on my efficiency and finish CMLL(done with half but didn't learn recog for some dumb reason)
for 3x3, CFOP and roux are equally good in my oponion, you can watch this video to learn Roux for 4x4:

i haven't found any 5x5 roux tutorials, but here is someone using the M5(roux on 5x5) method:

here is someone using freeslice to roux method:

7x7 meyer(roux)method:

you can watch these for reference, i am not a roux master though

Last edited:

Roux Empress

for 3x3, CFOP and roux are equally good in my oponion, you can watch this video to learn Roux for 4x4:

i haven't found any 5x5 roux tutorials, but here is someone using the M5(roux on 5x5) method:

here is someone using freeslice to roux method:

7x7 meyer(roux)method:

you can watch these for reference, i am not a roux master though
Tysm! I'll defenitly watch them when my speedcubes arrive

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
So in the last couple months, I have gotten my average move count down from about 62 moves per solve to about 58, and I average about 16.5, which puts me at 3.5 TPS. Is my move count okay, and should I just work on increasing my TPS, or should I keep trying to get my move count down? Obviously, it’s always good to keep improving F2L solutions, but is that the main thing that I need to work on right now?

Hi, I would like to learn CFOP, but the challenge of learning 147 algorithms seems very hard for me. Any tips on how to start?
(I know the beginner's method and average around a minute.)

Update: I can do f2l in around 30 seconds, and I'm partway through learning the 4LLL algorithms. Thanks for helping me.
u shld learn full pll first, coz some cases (like the J perm and u perm) r mirrored cases so technically u will learn 17 algs (if u use n perm mirror case)
and then aft that when u get familiar wif the pll cases then start to learn oll
i recommend learning the L cases first, then the bar cases then the dot cases, as the most L cases r mirrored
and i shldnt give up altho its diff but i believe everyone can do it! :D

jdh3000

Start off with 2 look oll/pll. Learn intuitive cross and f2l.
I learned this from watching badmephisto videos on youtube, but several have them now.

It's the easiest way to start and you can build a lot of speed from just that.

GScuber

Hey guys,
im 14 yo and I’ve been cubing since late july (so now its been 5 months) and I’m averaging around 14,55 seconds, I know full PLL, advanced f2l, and I have 7 OLL’s left to learn, I practice a least 2 hours on the day that I have school (3-4-5 or more per day in holidays) and I’m constently looking to improve, watching video about cubing when I’m not at school, spending time with my family/friends or eating.
Now I would like to have some advices and tips from you guys because I know that there are a lot of very good cubers here.
If y’all could give me some tips to practice effectively and improve it would be very cool !
Thank you in advance !