• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

zslane

Be aware, if you aren't already, that changing over to CFOP will increase your solve times noticeably for a while. It will take some time to internalize the new concepts and algorithms, and during that period you will find you are a lot slower than you used to be. But that's natural, and it's an expected consequence of transitioning to an advanced method.

vidcapper

I found Rollo Cubing & Gaming tutorials to be the easiest to follow for beginners, also Bearded Cuber who also features a lot of unusual cubes.

Troutcuber08

I've been into cubing for about 4 year now. I started out and learned the beginners method. After about half a year of practice I was consistently getting 1 minute solves. Then I got a speed cube and after another 6 months of practicing I was getting around 40 to 45 seconds. I took a break for 2 years and now im getting back into cubing. I've been practicing for the past week and im getting an average of 50 seconds. My goal is that I want to get 35 seconds average since that is my personal best time. I think learning cfop is definitely the way to go. I have a few books that im trying to learn from but im stuck on f2l and its super confusing! I've watched some video online but they can be very confusing. My question is does anyone know of any good guides either a you tube video or like a instructional website that is a good approach to f2l/ cfop for beginners or if you guys have any tips that would be great! Thanks in advance.

Troutcuber08

This video is a nice overview that traces a guide for you

You must keep in mind that there are also other ways though. Roux, ZZ, Petrus, Waterman and LEOR are other great methods that are just as viable as CFOP.
I watched the guide and took notes on f2l. Thanks a ton it helped a lot. Now I finally understand. Thanks!

I would recommend you take a look at my CFOP guide, which is linked in my signature!
Im DEFINITELY going to follow your guide. Its super helpful! I hope it can help me reach my goal but i bet it will!

lawofthecube

Hi, I am curious when sometimes people are doing a OLL and the cube just suddenly solves. I'm fairly new, maybe an advanced beginner and am using CFOP now and I've watched video's and done my own solves and wondered what that is? Is that COLL where a step is skipped, if that's what COLL is kinda or am I missing another variable when solving cause I like it but am always expecting to do PLL or with my 4LL I have to do less than 4 algs to get a solve?

Thanks,

WCA
2017BAIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, I am curious when sometimes people are doing a OLL and the cube just suddenly solves. I'm fairly new, maybe an advanced beginner and am using CFOP now and I've watched video's and done my own solves and wondered what that is? Is that COLL where a step is skipped, if that's what COLL is kinda or am I missing another variable when solving cause I like it but am always expecting to do PLL or with my 4LL I have to do less than 4 algs to get a solve?

Thanks,
When you have all of the edges oriented after doing F2L then there is an alg subset, COLL which along with solving the OLL it permutes the corners of last layer so that you have only a U,H or Z perm. ZBLL is another set which solves the entire last layer if you have all the edges oriented for you OLL. Or it simply may be a PLL skip in that case.

lawofthecube

When you have all of the edges oriented after doing F2L then there is an alg subset, COLL which along with solving the OLL it permutes the corners of last layer so that you have only a U,H or Z perm. ZBLL is another set which solves the entire last layer if you have all the edges oriented for you OLL. Or it simply may be a PLL skip in that case.

Thank you

D

Deleted member 54663

If I do an ao100, the first 5 solves, I 20 or 21 with high tps and lots of pauses. Later, I get 17s, 18s, and 19, but my movecount is very high. If I do a slow solve, I can never get below 70 moves. 2look oll and full pll except nb perm. How to I get my movecount to at least 65 or 60? I can work out my pauses and remove them later, I need to get my movecount down. When I look at my movecount in fast solves, I get 70 - 90 moves, because of messed up f2l pairs, and u4s. How do i remove these from my solves.(i still get 20s, or below with these, but I want to get better.)

intuitive f2l is what i'm using. 2 extra jperm tricks.

Laila

I am a pretty new cuber. I started cubing for real in July and I am hooked. I can’t go without having a cube in my hand. When I started I was about a minute 30 seconds but I have practiced really hard and now I am at 29-35 seconds. I am kind of stuck now tho. How do you get sub 20??? I know I need to speed up my f2l but I’m not sure how to do that and I am working on getting color neutral. I am still learning OLL but I am still on 2 look PLL. As you can see Im very new at this but I am determined to get sub 20 by the end of the year. Thanks for reading this thread and thank you to everyone who answers.