• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome! Unless you have some serious physical problems, sub 30 is definitely possible! Gradually learn all the F2L algs, intuitively or algorithmically, then practise them. As soon as you see a case, you should be able to execute the alg without thinking.
Plus, make sure you search for the best case. Learn 4LLL if you haven’t already, and work on cross - use your inspection time (15 secs) to find pieces.
F2L algs
4LLL algs
IMPORTANT EDIT: Do you use beginner’s or CFOP? If you use CFOP, follow above steps. If not, you may want to learn it. try here

Also, there are other methods, like Petrus, Roux and ZZ. Maybe CFOP doesn’t suit you. This thread should help.

khuneidi

Welcome! Unless you have some serious physical problems, sub 30 is definitely possible! Gradually learn all the F2L algs, intuitively or algorithmically, then practise them. As soon as you see a case, you should be able to execute the alg without thinking.
Plus, make sure you search for the best case. Learn 4LLL if you haven’t already, and work on cross - use your inspection time (15 secs) to find pieces.
F2L algs
4LLL algs
IMPORTANT EDIT: Do you use beginner’s or CFOP? If you use CFOP, follow above steps. If not, you may want to learn it. try here

Also, there are other methods, like Petrus, Roux and ZZ. Maybe CFOP doesn’t suit you. This thread should help.

Thanks Petrus .. i started as usual will beginner method and after couple of days i felt like a robot and wanted to find a more advance method so immediately i switched to CFOP and here the struggle started in losing time in F2L, which made me lose some fate ..

Llewelys

You can just do solves again and again until you're sub30-25. The more you practice, the faster you'll improve.
PetrusCuber is talking about 15s inspection but I believe it's best to not time your inspection at all: take as long as you need to get used to solving cross on bottom

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks Petrus .. i started as usual will beginner method and after couple of days i felt like a robot and wanted to find a more advance method so immediately i switched to CFOP and here the struggle started in losing time in F2L, which made me lose some fate ..
Well, when you learn new things, you’re bad at them, but gradually get better!

DADA

Hello, everyone!
I average 16-18s. I know all PLLs except N perms and can do all PLLs I know in 1-3s (excluding recognition time). I do two look OLL except for some easy OLL cases. I finish cross in 1-3s and finish F2L by 8-12s. If anyone will share their advice on what I should work on or any tips, I would be very grateful.

Other notes:
I am not colour neutral and can only do white and yellow cross.
I am using the Yuxin little magic.
I have been cubing for 5 years but have been on and off.
Now I do around 50-150 practice solves a day.

icarneiro

Hello, everyone!
I average 16-18s. I know all PLLs except N perms and can do all PLLs I know in 1-3s (excluding recognition time). I do two look OLL except for some easy OLL cases. I finish cross in 1-3s and finish F2L by 8-12s. If anyone will share their advice on what I should work on or any tips, I would be very grateful.

Other notes:
I am not colour neutral and can only do white and yellow cross.
I am using the Yuxin little magic.
I have been cubing for 5 years but have been on and off.
Now I do around 50-150 practice solves a day.

I'm in exactly the same group you are in, dual CN, 16-18s...
Now I'm learning full OLL, i know about 35/57 cases, it's too hard =/

A little advice: learn at least Na perm, it's easy, this is the best alg, save a lot of time, and you can learn now .
(R U R' U) (R U R' F') (R U R' U') R' F R2 U' R' U') (U' R U' R')
(R U R' U) (Jb perm) (U' R U' R')

I'm still too lazy to learn the best Nb perm alg :)

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey there. I totally understand your mental struggle/concern. It is definitely expected that your times go up when first switching from beginner method to CFOP. Unlike the beginner method which is very robotic like you said, you now have all of this freedom to solve the bottom and middle layer. This freedom complicates Your solve quite a bit but it’s one of the most fun aspects of cubing. Cross & F2L is the area most cubers have the most room to improve on. It’s very hard at first until you “get it.” Even once you “get it” knowing the best way to approach F2L and cross still takes a lot cube smarts which just comes with experience and of course learning from others.

When I was in a similar situation as you I actually bought 2 extra cubes and left only the cross on one and cross+F2L stickers on another. I found this extremely helpful at finding good cross and F2L solutions.

There’s a lot to learn at this point in the cube journey and it’s expected your times slow, keep you head up and best of luck!

YouTube
Visit Channel

A little advice: learn at least Na perm, it's easy, this is the best alg, save a lot of time, and you can learn now .

R U L’ U2 R U’ L R’ U L’ U2 R U’ L

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results

I just use the lefty Na perm for Nb. I also do the lefty Jb perm for Ja.

Marsio95

Hello guys. I started cubing for the first time at the beginning of June and now is already almost 7 months cubing. I learned F2l and 2 look PLL and OLL, but my times are stucked on an average between 27 and 35. It takes my always between 16 and 22 seconds to compleate cross and F2L. What should i do to improve my times? I'm currently using a Gan X. Thank you for everything.

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Learn new f2l special cases and tricks. You should be able to solve f2l with minimum rotations.
Can you solve each case in any slot?

I recommend watching cubeskills f2l videos. This should make you busy for a while

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Use your 15 seconds of inspection to find cross pieces, you should almost know what your moves are going to be before starting. Know all F2L algorithms, and remember, 3 TPS constantly is better than bursts of 6 TPS every alg, then pausing to find your next pair. If you need to, work on last layer fingertricks and recognition.

Cuberstache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello guys. I started cubing for the first time at the beginning of June and now is already almost 7 months cubing. I learned F2l and 2 look PLL and OLL, but my times are stucked on an average between 27 and 35. It takes my always between 16 and 22 seconds to compleate cross and F2L. What should i do to improve my times? I'm currently using a Gan X. Thank you for everything.
Yeah, the main thing is making sure you have good F2L solutions. You don't want to be playing around with a pair until it works, you want to see a pair and immediately know how to solve it in ~7 moves. The CubeSkills videos posted above should help with that. This is the key to lookahead. If you know exactly how to solve one pair, you can use your subconscious muscle memory to execute that pair while your conscious brain focuses on finding the next pair.

Last edited: