• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Thijn

I am now average around 1.15 and I dont know how to get faster, can somone help me?

Thijn

Thanks yes I can do f2l and 2 look oll and almost 2 look pll but how can I improve my f2l, with look ahead?

D

Deleted member 52176

Do I need to learn full lol and pop to be sub 10 on my solves?

SdnS

WCA
2018SEXT01
If you want to get sub 10 on 3x3, you pretty much have no choice, because using the beginners method is almost impossible to get sub 10 on. Even when you know full OLL and PLL sub 10 is not easy, especially to average, but if you want to get a sub 10 single you can totally only know full PLL and maybe some OLL if not less than that, when the right scramble pops up. However, if you want to get fast and or faster at 3x3, learning full PLL and OLL, mainly PLL at first is essential, especially to get sub 10.

Note: Yes, I’m aware that BrodyTheCuber got
sub-10 using the beginners method.

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks but can I get sub ten using 2 look?
Using full OLL and PLL is two look last layer. Did you mean 2 look OLL// 3 look last layer?
I’m sure it’s probably possible but would be way harder. I’d just recommend learning full PLL, then learning 1 OLL a day and skip the dot cases, at least initially

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
Thanks but can I get sub ten using 2 look?
I know this kind of thing is daunting. It seems hard, and it kind of is, but learning algorithms shouldn’t be something you do all at once. Learn an alg once a day/ every few days to keep the doctor away. If you learn some and really decide you hate learning algorithms, switch to roux, which is another method that does not use OLL and PLL at all

icarneiro

...skip the dot cases, at least initially

After 2look OLL, I started learning 1 look OLL from dot cases, I found it very interesting, because it's the longest OLL, and I didn't find it so hard, it has some very interesting patterns. I haven't finished 1look OLL yet, but dot cases helps me a lot to have a shorter time when appears, quickly executing.
So I don't think it's so bad to learn dot cases soon :D

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
After 2look OLL, I started learning 1 look OLL from dot cases, I found it very interesting, because it's the longest OLL, and I didn't find it so hard, it has some very interesting patterns. I haven't finished 1look OLL yet, but dot cases helps me a lot to have a shorter time when appears, quickly executing.
So I don't think it's so bad to learn dot cases soon :D
Definitely! It’s just easy to initially just force some EO with a sledgehammer to reduce the initial learning curve

Knowing full OLL and PLL will definitely make you faster compared to 2-look!
E.g. maybe you do a PLL in...say, 2 seconds? Doing only 1 PLL reduces your time by 2!
So, tho the process will be tedious, you should definitely learn full OLL and PLL, but like OreKehStrah said, learn the PLLs before the OLLs.
Happy learning! :)

Mischiiii

Just learn them slowly. I learn one per week even though my average isn’t where I would need full pll or oll. It’s not hard at all if you use good pdf sheets. I recommend the cubeskills pdfs.

khuneidi

Hello Everyone ..
this might be an old subject but i am seeking your help and advise . I am a new cuber and never touched a Rubik cube before. 2 weeks back my kid got one and i felt so attached to it and i challenged my self that i can solve it. few YouTube videos and in in no time i was able to solve it in less than 10 minutes. the learning curve was fast and in few days, the number dropped to less than 2 minutes, but i didn't stop here. Now my aim is to be sub 30 seconds which seems to be a long way ..
what do you suggest since the progress now is very slow and i seem to struggle with F2L and Cross .. is it a practice solution ??? or am too old for it ?? and the progress will be almost impossible ???
watching videos and seeing all those guys with solves less than 10 seconds gave a motivation but on the other hand i feel that those guys started very young which i didnt do and thats why i cant be like them.
is that normal for a new cuber mentality or just give it more time and i can improve my numbers.
though i can solve it now in 1.5-2 minutes time but still i feel that the mentality of cube solver is not so natural !!! will i gain that in Time ????
Thanks for advise and help

K