• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CFOP beginner

Which are the algs of f2l that SpeedCubers should learn,is there any video in YouTube

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

messiahyo_

I want to learn CFOP and get faster at it once learned. Does anybody know a good tutorial(s) that will teach me properly and clearly and help me get faster at it?

CubingBanana

WCA
2017LOND01
Hey, I have a few questions on my mind today!

1. I currently take around 2-10 seconds to do the cross. Do you guys have any tips on how to get faster at the cross? I solve white cross because it uses less inspection time to figure out the color scheme. I take around 4-20 moves to get the cross done. It would be cool if you can help.

2. I need tips on F2L. People I see are doing F2L in like 1-5 seconds. It takes me 10-20 seconds. I would like some help. I do solve the cross then f2l, not the layer then f2l. Help to improve on F2L would be awesome! :D

3. I need tips on PLL. Why is there sometimes I need to do an H-Perm to identify the PLL case? I do the algs right, I want to know why are there H-perms? Are these normal, do I want to avoid these? If so how do I avoid them? Also G-perms. How rare are G-perms, and how critical is my PLL if I don't learn G-perms and I hybrid it using Full PLL and if I don't know the case, 2-look PLL?

Overall, I average around 40 seconds using full pll, and 29-50 seconds using 2-look PLL. Do you guys have tips on how to get averages of 20-30 seconds? I have tried learning full OLL, 2-look is just faster for me.

1. Practice
2. Practice
3. If you're getting an H perm after PLL you're doing it wrong, and just learn the G perms

Full OLL is faster when you finish learning it

CubingBanana

WCA
2017LOND01
1. Practice
2. Practice
3. If you're getting an H perm after PLL you're doing it wrong, and just learn the G perms

Full OLL is faster when you finish learning it
I have learnt G-Perms, getting used to recognition. If I get an H-perm after PLL, does that mean I should have done a G-perm?

FJT97

WCA
2012THIE01
1. You can always do the cross in 8 moves or less. Try to figure out which solution is the shortest. Take your time for that. Its not about how fast you can do it but how efficient you can do it. It will be faster then.

WCA
2013BARK01
1. Unlimited inspection. Practice with as much inspection time as you need to get the cross done efficiently until you can do it with under 15 seconds of inspection.
2. Practice, try to focus on looking ahead to the next pair, that worked for me
3. You shouldn't need an H perm to identify a case. If I were you I'd just learn every PLL, most of them aren't that hard.
I have learnt G-Perms, getting used to recognition. If I get an H-perm after PLL, does that mean I should have done a G-perm?
It means you did the wrong PLL. Example:

Setup: R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' F'

PLL alg: R' U' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' U R
oops, wrong PLL
M2' U' M2' U2' M2' U' M2'

CubingBanana

WCA
2017LOND01
1. Unlimited inspection. Practice with as much inspection time as you need to get the cross done efficiently until you can do it with under 15 seconds of inspection.
2. Practice, try to focus on looking ahead to the next pair, that worked for me
3. You shouldn't need an H perm to identify a case. If I were you I'd just learn every PLL, most of them aren't that hard.

It means you did the wrong PLL. Example:

Setup: R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' F'

PLL alg: R' U' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' U R
oops, wrong PLL
M2' U' M2' U2' M2' U' M2'
Also forgot saying this: Sometimes the H-perm is before

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
1. I currently take around 2-10 seconds to do the cross. Do you guys have any tips on how to get faster at the cross? I solve white cross because it uses less inspection time to figure out the color scheme. I take around 4-20 moves to get the cross done. It would be cool if you can help.
Use unlimited inspection and try to learn how each move affects the pieces and see if you can learn to solve the cross blindfolded. Go 1 piece then 2 pieces then 3 then 4 then start cutting down on the time it takes you to inspect.

2. I need tips on F2L. People I see are doing F2L in like 1-5 seconds. It takes me 10-20 seconds. I would like some help. I do solve the cross then f2l, not the layer then f2l. Help to improve on F2L would be awesome! :D
same as above; learn to solve any pair blind and track the other pieces so that you can "see" what to do immediately after without pausing. Make sure you also track the first pair while solving the cross.

3. I need tips on PLL. Why is there sometimes I need to do an H-Perm to identify the PLL case? I do the algs right, I want to know why are there H-perms? Are these normal, do I want to avoid these? If so how do I avoid them? Also G-perms. How rare are G-perms, and how critical is my PLL if I don't learn G-perms and I hybrid it using Full PLL and if I don't know the case, 2-look PLL?
I might be wrong but I think G-perms are the most commonly occurring algs when taken as a set. H-perms are normal and the best PLL (but you shouldn't be getting it if you do another PLL first).

Overall, I average around 40 seconds using full pll, and 29-50 seconds using 2-look PLL. Do you guys have tips on how to get averages of 20-30 seconds? I have tried learning full OLL, 2-look is just faster for me.
Initially 1-look will be slower but keep practising and it will be faster in the long run.

CubingBanana

WCA
2017LOND01
Use unlimited inspection and try to learn how each move affects the pieces and see if you can learn to solve the cross blindfolded. Go 1 piece then 2 pieces then 3 then 4 then start cutting down on the time it takes you to inspect.

same as above; learn to solve any pair blind and track the other pieces so that you can "see" what to do immediately after without pausing. Make sure you also track the first pair while solving the cross.

I might be wrong but I think G-perms are the most commonly occurring algs when taken as a set. H-perms are normal and the best PLL (but you shouldn't be getting it if you do another PLL first).

Initially 1-look will be slower but keep practising and it will be faster in the long run.
If I try to learn full OLL in 2 months, will it be faster than 2 look?