• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CodingCuber

WCA
2019HERR14
Hey guys,
im 14 yo and I’ve been cubing since late july (so now its been 5 months) and I’m averaging around 14,55 seconds, I know full PLL, advanced f2l, and I have 7 OLL’s left to learn, I practice a least 2 hours on the day that I have school (3-4-5 or more per day in holidays) and I’m constently looking to improve, watching video about cubing when I’m not at school, spending time with my family/friends or eating.
Now I would like to have some advices and tips from you guys because I know that there are a lot of very good cubers here.
If y’all could give me some tips to practice effectively and improve it would be very cool !
Thank you in advance !
That’s insane improvement man. I’ve been cubing for 1 3/4 years and I’ve inly just gotten to sub 16. Nice work.

Matt Bolter

I practice a lot at home and do tons of solves. What do you think the general time area would be, thanks guy that I saw like 5 minutes ago.

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
I practice a lot at home and do tons of solves. What do you think the general time area would be, thanks guy that I saw like 5 minutes ago.
Erm... you're welcome? (You've only been on the forums for 5 minutes)
It entirely depends on your F2L speed. That can vary between 5 seconds and 15 seconds for people who know full PLL.
Typical speed for someone who has just learnt PLL is around 16-20 seconds and since you practise a lot it will likely end up being the lower range.

abunickabhi

Staff member
WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It all depends on how you drill and cope up with recognition. All I can say is doing more solves helps to deal with the cases more fluidly, M' U' R S' R' U M E.

Happy cubing and good luck learning the next algset/method/puzzle!

A Perm

After a little less than 11 months of cubing, I want to ask if I am progressing fast enough or if I need to improve faster

I average about 31 seconds,

In a solve of 26.83 seconds (which I call a good solve), here are my time splits:

Cross: 3.41 s
F2L: 13.57
OLL: 3.32
PLL: 6.52

Can someone tell if I am improving fast enough and which are the steps I need to work on? I would really appreciate it.

YouTube
Visit Channel
how much do you practice? If you want to improve faster you have to practice more. In 11 months cubing I was already sub20 but in the last 4 months or so I was doing 100 solves almost every day

It seems that you weakest links are pll and f2l, maybe focus on that.