• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
YouTube
The Pocket Cuber
I average around 19 seconds and I haven't improved yet. How could I improve?
cross: 3 seconds
F2L: 10 seconds
OLL: 3 seconds
PLL: 3 seconds
100% F2L.

I am currently just sub 20, so I’m not as good as you, but because i use 4LLL (i know algs suck), I average faster on cross and f2l.

Cross: 2
F2L: 8
OLL: 4.5 (dont ask)
PLL: 4.5 (dont ask)

What I think would’ve helped me when I was averaging what you are now (for the first 2L) would’ve been F2L lookahead and blindfolded cross solves. Making sure you know how to solve the cross during inspection is crucial for cross to f2l transition as you can looking for your first pair while not looking at the cross (while solving it). Take as long as you need to solve the cross blindfolded. With f2l lookahead, people continue to say “not look at the pair which you are solving”, which is what you should be doing, if you know how to solve every single f2l case blindfolded. Because if you do not know how to solve an f2l pair without looking at it, you will.......have to look at it, forcing bad lookahead. If you dont know how to do this, PLEASE do it, it helps so much. If you do, then and only then, focus on lookahead.

Also making sure you have efficient f2l pairing and inserting for each case is crucial because no one wants to be doing 30 moves just solving an f2l pair. Although I’m not the most qualified to answer this I hoped I gave some assistance.

KM the cuber

100% F2L.

I am currently just sub 20, so I’m not as good as you, but because I use 4LLL (i know algs suck), I average faster on cross and f2l.

Cross: 2
F2L: 8
OLL: 4.5 (dont ask)
PLL: 4.5 (dont ask)

What I think would’ve helped me when I was averaging what you are now (for the first 2L) would’ve been F2L lookahead and blindfolded cross solves. Making sure you know how to solve the cross during inspection is crucial for cross to f2l transition as you can looking for your first pair while not looking at the cross (while solving it). Take as long as you need to solve the cross blindfolded. With f2l lookahead, people continue to say “not look at the pair which you are solving”, which is what you should be doing, if you know how to solve every single f2l case blindfolded. Because if you do not know how to solve an f2l pair without looking at it, you will.......have to look at it, forcing bad lookahead. If you don't know how to do this, PLEASE do it, it helps so much. If you do, then and only then, focus on lookahead.

Also making sure you have efficient f2l pairing and inserting for each case is crucial because no one wants to be doing 30 moves just solving an f2l pair. Although I’m not the most qualified to answer this I hoped I gave some assistance.
Thank you for your advice.
I use full OLL and PLL I also know some Winter variation and COLL too(I suck at F2L)

Thijn

I am now average around 1.15 and I dont know how to get faster, can somone help me?

Thijn

Thanks yes I can do f2l and 2 look oll and almost 2 look pll but how can I improve my f2l, with look ahead?