• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
WCA
2017SHIT02
.General question on what to do next.
Here are my splits:
3 second cross
13 second f2l
7 second LL
anything I should really be focusing on to improve? I'm leaning towards f2l, but most of my algs are pretty efficient, 8 moves or less with some exceptions.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Is sub-10 in 2 months possible?

I average about 11-12 seconds with CFOP. I have a competition in mid-October (Bay Area Speedcubin' 20).

Here is my goal and current time breakdown:
Goal:
Cross (with first pair recognition)- 1 second
F2L- 5.5 seconds
OLL (with PLL recognition)- 1.5-1.75 seconds
PLL- 1.25-1.5 seconds
Time: 9.5 seconds

Current:
Cross- 1.5 seconds
First pair recognition- ~0-0.5 seconds
F2L- 5.5-6 seconds
OLL (with PLL recognition)- ~2 seconds
PLL- ~2 seconds
Time: 11-12 seconds

Is this a reasonable goal to reach? If not, is it reasonable to reach this by the beginning of 2020?

Thanks!

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
DGCubes
Definitely possible, but I'd need more information about your progress/practice habits to say if it's likely. I personally was averaging mid-11 about two years ago and still haven't quite reached sub-10. Others have gotten sub-10 within their first year of cubing. :p

I'd say it mainly comes down to how much you focus on 3x3 as opposed to other events, as well as how effective your practice habits are. There's also the more intangible factor of "natural talent;" some people will need to put in more effort than others to improve quickly.

Definitely possible, but I'd need more information about your progress/practice habits to say if it's likely. I personally was averaging mid-11 about two years ago and still haven't quite reached sub-10. Others have gotten sub-10 within their first year of cubing. :p

I'd say it mainly comes down to how much you focus on 3x3 as opposed to other events, as well as how effective your practice habits are. There's also the more intangible factor of "natural talent;" some people will need to put in more effort than others to improve quickly.
I just wanted to mention that I'm a pretty big fan of your channel lol.

To answer your question, I was stuck at a 13-14 second roadblock for some time but I've been steadily improving from here, getting myself to a 12.09 AO100. I basically only focus on 3x3 with the exception of some 3x3OH, and I'm not sure about the "natural talent" thing. I'm trying to find good practice habits and good things to start picking up (getting my first pair in inspection, etc...)