• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to Fix the Misalignment Problem on a Maru 4x4x4 (My Own Efficient Way)

Gavin

WCA
2007NELS02
This is so weird. I have used the same 4x4 since August, and the core has never gone out of line. Good to know how to fix it if it ever does though.

WCA
2010KOTC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sagar showed me an easier way (in my opinion). It is so quick, especially during speedsolves.
Either the left wing or right wing will follow (stay with) the screw as it is rotated. The other will not stay with the screw (This is the one you need). Bring this up to that awkwardly positioned screw so that the centers of this wing are perfectly alligned with that screw. Then squeeze the cube to make the screw stay w/ that wing. Bring said wing back down to normal position. Boom.

Sort of difficult to explain.

Last edited:

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If it takes you 3 minutes to explain it then it is definitely not efficient. Just squeeze the moving layer tight and ram the other back around quick as you like. Problem solved.

Kurbitur

i had a maru, and i was always wining about misalingments, but then i realized it was maufacture fault so i got a new free :) and that has misaligned liek once and that i wasn't solving so yeah some maru's fail