• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How To Design The Best Speedcubing Trainer With Learning Intelligence? [Part 1]

Goldsmith

These were the questions I asked at the end:
  1. Do you imagine it being a good user experience to learn two sided recognition through the learning order that was presented here?
    • What about if it was used to learn PLL from scratch, "skipping" three- or four-sided recognition?
    • If no, can you think of a different order that could help achieve this?
  2. What do you think of people learning PLL for the first time just learning one two-sided case of each PLL first and then afterwards learning the recognition groups to reduce ambiguity?
  3. What about allowing people not comfortable with two-sided recognition to see three or four sides of the cube in the trainer?
  4. Are there any other thoughts that came up about the app while you were watching this video?
The links referenced are:

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Interesting video!

I think users can start training for 2-sided PLL recognition from the start.

You had posted a similar thread in the software category a few weeks ago right?

Goldsmith

Hi again @abunickabhi yes I did! This is for the next steps that I'm starting to develop, and also just seeing if I can create a culture around the product of community input to help shape design decisions :D.

And great to hear your input! I'd really love if it as a design feature if I could make only 2-sided work!

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
Interesting video, and from what I can gather seems to be a unique but potentially cubing-changing application for learning intelligence!

Goldsmith

Interesting video, and from what I can gather seems to be a unique but potentially cubing-changing application for learning intelligence!
I really hope so! Can't wait to finish implementing it and hopefully also at that point when it's more mature having it seen by more people!