• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] how to customize my 4x4 for bld?

WCA
2019SAUK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I decided to start practise 4bld so i bought aosu gts2m (really good cube for bld i guess). But sllice moves in my one are a little bad. I tried to use Maru lube but im guessing i did something dumb cuz it's not working (im total idiot in customization). I watched some youtube tutorials but ppl there completely disassemble cube. Is there method where u didnt need to do this?

WCA
2019SAUK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I’m also quite noob when it comes to 4bld lol, but I would assume that you do have to take your cube apart to set it up correctly. You could also try loosening it a ton, but I don’t know what cube you have.
I have gts2m. Also loosening doesn't really make inner layers better in my cube, I tried to to this. But thanks anyway cuz you the only person who tried to help me in this thread!

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The turning style for 4BLD is quite unique.

On the stock tensions and a little bit of lube, you can try to just fingertrick basic UFr comms and drill them and speed them up.
As you speed them up by drilling and drilling, your turning style will adapt and become better.

It is always the cuber, and not the cube that can improve,
Hardware wise little bit loose tensions and a bit of lube will suffice.

Hope this helps!
Happy 4BLDing!

WCA
2019SAUK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The turning style for 4BLD is quite unique.

On the stock tensions and a little bit of lube, you can try to just fingertrick basic UFr comms and drill them and speed them up.
As you speed them up by drilling and drilling, your turning style will adapt and become better.

It is always the cuber, and not the cube that can improve,
Hardware wise little bit loose tensions and a bit of lube will suffice.

Hope this helps!
Happy 4BLDing!
Ok, thank you! I'll try this

schapel

WCA
2016CHAP04
YouTube
Visit Channel
4bld hardware isn't like 3bld where you need fast and loose cubes, I use an aosu gts2m with tensions a bit tighter than stock and traxxas on all the contact points. I haven't tried a cube where I can execute even close to as well as I can on mine