• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to clear the chat number of unread messages?

Pyjam

Premium Member
I don't participate to the chat. I've never subscribed to it. I don't understand why I have 82 unread chat messages.
Please tell me how to clear it.
Thank you.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have the same problem too. Not that it’s too big an issue. But I have my mobile/iPad to check speedsolving.com so it doesn’t come up for me unless I hit an arrow button /menu button.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I don't participate to the chat. I've never subscribed to it. I don't understand why I have 82 unread chat messages.
Please tell me how to clear it.
Thank you.
The number is the number of users online, not unread posts. Is this confusing to people here? I can remove it entirely if you guys think it is confusing or not useful.

kubesolver

Premium Member
Yes, I also agree that the red number screams "you've have X items that need your attention" and it would be better to make it less obtrusive.
Also given that most people in the discord chat are idle most of the time, the number doesn't mean much anyway and I would be fine if it was gone whatsoever