• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How solving a Rubik's Cube helped my confidence with women

feren6

WCA
2009NACH01
What's up fellow cubers!

I learned how to cube in 2009 and went to a couple competitions at the time, but I wanted to share with you a very unexpected benefit that came from learning how to solve a cube: increased confidence with women. I definitely struggled with ladies (and don't get me wrong I'm no casanova), but to this day I still talk about my Rubik's Cubing and it actually gets women intrigued. Pretty funny.

anyway, here's the article for those who are interested..it's a funny story ;)

How Solving a Rubik's Cube Helped My Confidence With Women

Rock on!

feren6

WCA
2009NACH01
Somehow, I think that the cubing itself attracts guys but the girl doing the cubing would seem intimidating if she can solve a cube and he can't. Of course, it depends what kind of guy...

Haha -- 'must reassert masculinity by solving this rubik's cube!'

RaresB

Premium Member
WCA
2011BOST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That was a surprisingly interesting read. Checked out the rest of your site and it's pretty interesting, I hope to be reading your new posts periodically. One thing in the article really stood out though "EVERY single method started with this[cross]. It’s the basis for solving the cube, and without it, you won’t get very far." I know you were trying to get your Point across but roux, zz, petrus need some love as well. Anyway, nice read.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nothing personal, but after the first paragraph that bar on the left which is encouraging me to like, tweet, +1 or whatever else on a million different social networking sites started to annoy me, and because I couldn't remove it I just closed the website altogether. >.<

EDIT: I just noticed you were at UPenn 2009, and so was I !!! I don't remember you though...

omer

That was a surprisingly interesting read. Checked out the rest of your site and it's pretty interesting, I hope to be reading your new posts periodically. One thing in the article really stood out though "EVERY single method started with this[cross]. It’s the basis for solving the cube, and without it, you won’t get very far." I know you were trying to get your Point across but roux, zz, petrus need some love as well. Anyway, nice read.
Me too, many interesting stuff in his website.

And about the cross, I think he was referring to the beginner methods he was looking for, not advanced methods like roux, zz or petrus (IMO petrus is advanced, block-building isn't easy for beginners).

feren6

WCA
2009NACH01

True, true. I'm not familiar with those methods but I see what you're saying. But thanks.

Nothing personal, but after the first paragraph that bar on the left which is encouraging me to like, tweet, +1 or whatever else on a million different social networking sites started to annoy me, and because I couldn't remove it I just closed the website altogether. >.<

EDIT: I just noticed you were at UPenn 2009, and so was I !!! I don't remember you though...

Can't please em all ;)

And yeah, I was 25 lbs less, wore glasses, and was socially awkward at the time..you wouldn't remember me :)

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
And yeah, I was 25 lbs less, wore glasses, and was socially awkward at the time..you wouldn't remember me :)

Well probably not because I was preoccupied with meeting people that I already knew through these forums, but I might have you in some pictures I have.