• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How should I record my averages?

DELToS

What I mean is this: I always time my solves in big cube-specific sessions in CSTimer (one for 2x2, one for 3x3, etc.) If it says my all-time best average of 12 (for example) out of that session is 13.38, then is that my 3x3 PB average of 12? Or would I have to have sat down with the intention of just doing an average of twelve for it to count? I know this is personal preference but what do most people do?

(Mod, if this thread is in the wrong place feel free to move it :))

Last edited:
WCA
2013BARK01
What I mean is this: I always time my solves in big cube-specific sessions in CSTimer (one for 2x2, one for 3x3, etc.) If it says my all-time best average of 12 (for example) out of that session is 13.38, then is that my 3x3 PB average of 12? Or would I have to have sat down with the intention of just doing an average of twelve for it to count? I know this is personal preference but what do most people do?

it's up to you, but what I do and what I'm pretty sure most people do is the former. I would rarely start a session with the intention of doing just 12 solves, let alone 5 or 3. By that logic, I'd have to have the intention of doing just one solve in order to count it as a PB sniggle.

DELToS

it's up to you, but what I do and what I'm pretty sure most people do is the former. I would rarely start a session with the intention of doing just 12 solves, let alone 5 or 3. By that logic, I'd have to have the intention of doing just one solve in order to count it as a PB sniggle.
That is a fantastic point, thanks

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04

That's the way I do it. Usually my pbs for 3 5 and 12 are in the middle of a set anyway, and I rarely if ever have time to sit down and do a big average, so those are from multiple sessions. Ultimately it doesn't really matter, since your practice times are really only useful as your own personal benchmark and don't count for anything anyway.