• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How much farther can cube manufacturers go?

prostx23

Land Of Broken Dreams And Shattered Hopes.
Hi,

I've seen commentary on these forums on wether we've gotten close to reaching the human limit for solving the 3x3 (I personally think between 4 and 5 seconds will probably end up being the limit). Can the same be said of hardware design? What else can manufacturers and designers do to make the cube faster and more efficient to turn? Also, how much longer before manufacturers turn their attention away from the 3x3 and towards the bigger cubes with the same intensity and attention that they currently give the 3x3?

Mike

Godmil

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, true, but 3x3's have had so much effort put into tweaking them, and the end result is you get lots of really good cubes, which people choose between based on feel. With 4x4 what do you really have... everyone saying "well the Dayan is actually quite good, if it didn't pop every third solve."

spdcbr

What about electronic cubes? You can turn with the touch of a finger
(not like a display, one that physically moves)
It doesn't seem reasonable right now, but maybe someday?

Enter

YouTube
Visit Channel
in year 2020 they will make a cube that is Brain-controlled NTC or Neuro-Toy-Cube :D
muhahah so the old record set in 2010 will bi finally broken!
:eek:

splinteh

YouTube
Visit Channel
A lot of people think having good gear makes you good. This goes for everything. They fail to accept the fact that this isn't always the case.

prostx23

Land Of Broken Dreams And Shattered Hopes.
A lot of people think having good gear makes you good. This goes for everything. They fail to accept the fact that this isn't always the case.

Sometimes superior gear can make someone who is already good, a bit better though. I just wonder how much more tweaking (or outright innovations) we'll see from cube companies, before nothing else of significance can be done to improve the 3x3 cube.

WCA
2010YUPH01
YouTube
Visit Channel

This entire post can be summed by the word "maybe".

I don't think I would be nearly as fast if I didn't have a good cube.

Drake

Hmm, its could go more lower then 3 sec i think. Just see with dayan guhong, lbuix, the time is going way better. New cubes, peoples praticing, speedcubing evry day to be better and better. So...

Evan_Frame

I am not fast but I wouldn't be cubing at all if I didn't get a 'nice' feeling from mycubes. Every non-cuber that plays with my cubes likes them and wants to know how to solve. I, and those other people, will be faster one day because the cubes are good smooth non-store boughts