• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How many solves does it take to break the current 3x3 world record single?

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I do love large numbers and love to take estimates. I personally think asking such a question is meaningless as 3x3 improvement is dependent on so many other factors like motivation and deliberate practice.

But just for the sake of speculating, say you do your first solve just now, and its a 2 minute solve. You have all the resources and coaching service available. How many solves will an average human being need to do in order to break the current 3.47 seconds with high certainty. I know some sort of skip will be required to break the WR again, but if a person trains and needs to get a number on how many solves it would take, what's your guess?

My guess is that 2 million solves should be good, to make person know a lot about their method (CFOP, Roux), and achieve pause less solves and high TPS.

Reactions: qwr

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
My opinion I want to say is that no amount of solving will enable someone to consistently break a WR because speedcubing is big enough where you're going against people with hard work AND natural talent. However speedcubing is still relatively niche and if you could train promising young people like olympic athletes are trained then I think we would see crazy competitors that would blow the current competition out of the water.

Maybe at some point you're limited to how many competitions you can attend. Famous cubers are sponsored so they can go to 20 comps in a year while your average cuber can only go to a few.