• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How many Singaporean cubers?

cxinlee

WCA
2013XINL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've noticed that there are many Singaporean cubers here. Singapore is a pretty small place, so meetups shouldn't be very hard. If you aren't Singaporean but live here, you are also welcome.

Genesis

*Raises hand*
I think there's quite a number of SG cubers considering the population
IMO:
Other than the lack of complete events to compete, there isn't a lack of cubers
Sadly there aren't comps for Megaminx and larger cubes =(

Last edited:

Genesis

I only have cubing friend, guess that's what happens when you're public schooled(In reference to yours)

sipth

Would be awesome if there are meetups, will try to go for one after i get my cube

rajwind3r

Any old school cubers still here (those from the Type C/Type D generation)?

Hi, Im a cuber too. Used to cube back in 2008/09 with my then girlfriend, then stopped for a few years, and now im getting back into the whole puzzle solving addiction again. I own an old typeA, C and D all tiled. Used to buy it from martin choo and another guy called cetron. Sadly, the forum has disappeared and the community seems to be saturated. It would be good to atleast start a facebook group for sgcubers again!

rajwind3r

yeah ive heard. But too bad there isnt like an active network to get to know other cubers, or to learn new stuff. More people should post here! what are your times like?

rajwind3r

thats nice, im averaging around 26secs. Best ao12 is 24.xx, best single is 17.xx I cant seem to get consistently lower averages. kinda frustrating, so im experimenting with slow solves to speed up my f2l look ahead. Where do you get your puzzles from?

rajwind3r

oh cool! whats your main? i used to use silicone spray, then i tried zlube, and now im using lubicle lube from thecubicle.us. pretty good stuff, i have weight 1 and 3, for bigger puzzles and 3x3s.

rajwind3r

Hi, I was thinking of visiting toy outpost to check out some cubes later today, any idea which outlets they are? Also, do you know which lubes they sell?