• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How many Singaporean cubers?

WCA
2009HONI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm 15. Sec 4 next year. There are alot of cubers in NUSH.

cool, so you're my junior. i'm from the class of 2011.

and to reply one of the posts up there - I was part of the old type C/D generation. We have mostly retired from the scene…

Just happened to see this because I just got a little bored and decided to visit this forum again after quite some time =p

rajwind3r

cool, so you're my junior. i'm from the class of 2011.

and to reply one of the posts up there - I was part of the old type C/D generation. We have mostly retired from the scene…

Just happened to see this because I just got a little bored and decided to visit this forum again after quite some time =p

yup! your user sounds really familiar, probably the same time as jt and friends? intending to start cubing again?

WCA
2009HONI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
yup! your user sounds really familiar, probably the same time as jt and friends? intending to start cubing again?

not actively. I'm cubing on and off, when I feel like I need a break. Recently, I've been working on corners first for 3x3, and have been consistently sub 20. But what is sub 20 nowadays T_T

I'll need to wait for a better 4x4 to come out before I start trying to break the 45s average barrier lol

rajwind3r

not actively. I'm cubing on and off, when I feel like I need a break. Recently, I've been working on corners first for 3x3, and have been consistently sub 20. But what is sub 20 nowadays T_T

I'll need to wait for a better 4x4 to come out before I start trying to break the 45s average barrier lol

you sir, need a weisu! seriously! i might suck at it, but its a really good cube! i have a black weisu, if you wanna check it out. but in exchange, you gotta teach me some lookahead/f2l stuffz

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
I'm sorry for bumping this thread.

I have a speedcubing whatsapp group with 8 people in it now. Its getting kind of boring with only 8 people so if you live in Singapore and wish to join in, PM me for details.

We try to have meetups every so often and we can chat about speedcubing.

Lim Jh

I've noticed that there are many Singaporean cubers here. Singapore is a pretty small place, so meetups shouldn't be very hard. If you aren't Singaporean but live here, you are also welcome.

Hey,
I am a singaporean student cuber, gonna learn CFOP/2x2x2/4x4x4/5x5x5/pyraminx end of this year, after PSLE, which is 1 october. Anybody can teach me? cuz sometimes I dont understand youtube videos.

Also, if you are looking to buy a cube in Singapore, head over to Bob Cubes or go to Gumtree.sg and search for "Moyu Lingpo". The sole ad that pops up is posted by him.

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
Hey,
I am a singaporean student cuber, gonna learn CFOP/2x2x2/4x4x4/5x5x5/pyraminx end of this year, after PSLE, which is 1 october. Anybody can teach me? cuz sometimes I dont understand youtube videos.

Also, if you are looking to buy a cube in Singapore, head over to Bob Cubes or go to Gumtree.sg and search for "Moyu Lingpo". The sole ad that pops up is posted by him.

Hello! If you have whatsapp, please PM me. We would love to have new cubers in our group!

anhedralsoda

It's good to know that there are other students in Singapore cubing! None of my friends cube. I began cubing recently and have learnt to solve the 3x3, Skewb and Pyraminx so far. I hope to improve and possibly compete in the future! Are there any cubing events in Singapore? Like exibitions/competitions/sales? I'm really interested but I haven't heard of any.

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
It's good to know that there are other students in Singapore cubing! None of my friends cube. I began cubing recently and have learnt to solve the 3x3, Skewb and Pyraminx so far. I hope to improve and possibly compete in the future! Are there any cubing events in Singapore? Like exibitions/competitions/sales? I'm really interested but I haven't heard of any.

Hi! There are competitions in Singapore but only once a year. They are held around february.

bxchia

WCA
2013XUAN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Singapore Speedcubing Group in Facebook

Hey, there is a Facebook's Group named "Singapore Speedcubing". The purpose of this group is to have a platform for all Singapore Speedcubers to share information. As we noticed, the popularity of speedcubing has grown in Singapore over the past 2 years. So it will be really nice to have a place that belongs to us.

Currently, this group is opened to public. If you are interested in joining, please go to Singapore Speedcubing Group and click on the Join button. The criteria are:

You must be a Singaporean.
You are actively into speedcubing.

Since this is a new group, we are not sure whether it will work out.
In order for it to be successful, we will need your support, and help to spread the words.

Thank you so much!!

arkangelis_

I'm sorry for bumping this thread.

I have a speedcubing whatsapp group with 8 people in it now. Its getting kind of boring with only 8 people so if you live in Singapore and wish to join in, PM me for details.

We try to have meetups every so often and we can chat about speedcubing.

sorry i know this was like 6 years ago but can I join? I'm not really a speedcuber just a 25+second cuber