• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How many methods can you sub-20 with?

How many different methods can you sub-20 on?

Votes: 29 36.7%

Votes: 26 32.9%

Votes: 9 11.4%

Votes: 5 6.3%

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 5+

Votes: 7 8.9%

• Total voters

Zarxrax

I know I will never be a world-class cuber getting sub-10 times or anything, but one of my main goals has always been to just achieve sub-20 times consistently.

As I've been getting close to that goal recently, I'm starting to think about what I'll do when I actually get there. And I think that what I'll do is start training on a different method, and try to get that one to sub-20 as well :)

For those of you who already practice with several different methods, how many of them can you sub-20?

Are there any methods that would be particularly more difficult to sub-20 than others?

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
What are you counting as different methods? I can sub 20 with a lot of methods, but if they can have no or very little relation (CFOP and CF), then not many. I'm sub 20 with Petrus, CFOP, many varieties of CFOP, and a few other methods.
Do ZZ and CFOP count as different? If so do Cross, First 3 F2L pairs, forced OLL skip, PLL count as different? Or COLL?

JyH

WCA
2011HORI01
Not completely sub-20 yet. Using CFOP. I really want to learn Roux, just rather learn it at a competition in person. I'm not interested in any other methods.

Cubenovice

Forever Slow
Sub 20 with 0 methods

But can solve with the following (sub) methods
LBL
Keyhole
CFOP with 2LL
Some edge control stuff
Petrus
Heise (still need to take a closer look at some of the more advanced steps)
ZZ
Corners First (Ortega, then fill in edges traditional CF style)
Edges First (no algs, fully intuitive)
Human Thistlethwaite
Old Pochmann
Not a method as such but used in FMC: NISS, pseudo-blocks and Insertions

Hmm… I guess it is time I start looking into Roux
But from the list above you may have noticed that I am not really into algs and Roux has so many of them ;-)

Bapao

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow...the content on this website generally inspires and motivates me but on some days, it just plain intimidates me.

Anonymous

ZZ and Fridrich.

To someone's earlier question, ZZ is undoubtedly a different method from Fridrich. Even if you use EOCross (which you shouldn't), the EO step changes the rest of the solve way too much for it to be considered a variation on Fridrich.