• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How long does it take you to magnetize a 3x3 (poll)

How long did it take you to magnetize your 3x3

• 5min

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10min

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 15min

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 20min

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 30min

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 45min

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • 1hr

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • 1hr+

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

Mr.Roux86

YouTube
Mr.Roux86
Hey, I was just wondering how long it takes to magnetize a 3x3. I have only done it one and it took me about 45min. Please put your answer in the poll, thanks!

Last edited:

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
CoachTabeCubing
I answered 45 minutes but it really depends on the cube and if it's a type of cube I've done before or not. EX: I recently magnetized my second Warrior W. It took like 20 minutes while not rushing. Then I did a 68mm Big Sail. That took more like 45. Could've been faster but I was moving slow for some reason. Maybe because I was watching TV, LOL. It really doesn't take all that long to do a cube once the pieces are all apart. Do a corner/edge pair, wait a few seconds for the glue to set. Pull 'em apart, do 2 pairs. Or, alternatively, pull 'em apart and do one corner piece after another then do one edge piece after another. You can crank through them in 10-15 seconds apiece pretty easily*.

* - until a magnet jumps over to a spot you don't want, gets glue on itself and begins to stick and then you spend 5 minutes separating the two magnets, LOL.