• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How long did it take you to get a sub 5 avgerage on the 2x2?

Euan

I'm just starting out and wondering how long it took you to get sub 5, I'm learning CLL at the moment

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not particularly long for me, but with on and off practice. You don't need CLL to get sub-5; it's possible with LBL/Ortega. That's not to say you shouldn't learn it though, as it'll help later on.

jaredye

I'm sub 20 on 3x3 but I'm struggling to get sub 7 on 2x2. I guess I didn't practice enough. I've only done about 1000 solves on 2x2. I guess I need probably another 2000 solves to be sub 5.

Loiloiloi

WCA
2016CLAR04
Once you know full CLL you should definitely be sub 5. Make sure you're one-looking your solves, if you have to pause after FL then that's definitely a problem. Try doing first layer blindfolded more often. In fact, you don't even have to be able to one-look a solve to be sub 5 avg on 2x2, you might just be doing first layer wrong, check out this video by Chris Olson