• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How fast were you when you switched to a DIY?

How fast were you when you got a DIY?

• Sub 2min

Votes: 14 8.8%
  • Sub 1min

Votes: 30 18.8%
  • Sub 50s

Votes: 26 16.3%
  • Sub 40s

Votes: 25 15.6%
  • Sub 30s

Votes: 16 10.0%
  • Sub 25s

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Sub 20s

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Started out with a DIY when you first learned how to solve a cube

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Still using a Rubik's Brand

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Forgot...

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters

davidgreece

WCA
2011LIND02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am still using a Rubiks Brand *sigh* i won't tell how fast i am though but i am faster than most ppl when they switch to a DIY

Update: i'm actually surprised i never knew people got a diy when they were sub 20

Sub 25

Last edited:

lilkdub503

WCA
2010WARR01
I went from storebought to Type A-I back to storebought to F-II to storebought again. The same storebought never gets lost. I was at ~29-31 seconds when I got my first DIY, but I had a friend sand down the pieces on my storebought the spring before then, went through the summer, and got a DIY then.

frogmanson

I got my first DIY when I was around 20s, but I still used my storebought(s) often. I actually get more sub-10 solves with storeboughts than my AV xD.

bigbee99

WCA
2010ZHAO19
YouTube
Visit Channel
I got my first DIY not not knowing it was a DIY (Sudoku Cube) when I was averaging around 55 secs, and the first DIY I bought knowing it was a DIY was a Ghost Hand II, and I was averaging around 45 secs.

Litz

About 1 minute I think. I got a DIY 1 week after I started solving since my cube (Rubiks storebought) was terrible (I still have it and it hasn't gotten any better).