• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How does the dual adjustment work?

Kauhu

Hi!
I'm getting the new rs3m2020 soon and it has the dual adjustment. This is my second speedcube so I'm not sure how the dual adjustment works. The screw makes The cube tighter/looser, which affects the cornercutting. But what does the other "roundy-thing" does?

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi!
I'm getting the new rs3m2020 soon and it has the dual adjustment. This is my second speedcube so I'm not sure how the dual adjustment works. The screw makes The cube tighter/looser, which affects the cornercutting. But what does the other "roundy-thing" does?

The "roundy-thing" is the spring compression system. By adjusting it, you can make the cube feel faster or more stable. It is set to the loosest feeling setting out of the box, so to to make it feel more controllable, you can change the setting to the tighter settings.

Kauhu

The "roundy-thing" is the spring compression system. By adjusting it, you can make the cube feel faster or more stable. It is set to the loosest feeling setting out of the box, so to to make it feel more controllable, you can change the setting to the tighter settings.
Doesn't the screw do the same thing?

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Doesn't the screw do the same thing?
No. The dual adjustment system adjusts spring compression, which affects the speed and how stable the cube feels. Tightening the screw adjusts center piece travel, which affect corner cutting and popping. Confusing I know, but that's cubing hardware for you.

Kauhu

No. The dual adjustment system adjusts spring compression, which affects the speed and how stable the cube feels. Tightening the screw adjusts center piece travel, which affect corner cutting and popping. Confusing I know, but that's cubing hardware for you.
Okay thanks...
I guess I'll figure it out eventually when I play with the settings.

F' L' U2 L F

but how does the adjust ment sistem work? because I saw that when you rotate the blue thing the bottom of the spring goes up not the top goes down. That doesn't make sense because the spring wouldnt touch the cube anymore because the bottom is elevated