• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How do I tighten the gan x springs

Thread starter #1
I use the Gan 356 x and when I got it it was nice tight and couldn’t corner twist now after breaking in the cube it is loose and can corner twist how do I fix this

take off center caps and take out the green springs and put in the yellow ones provided in the gan box I think.
(don't actually have a gan x but that's what I think)

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
absoruud
The GAN X numerical doesn't have a screw you can tighten. You get nuts that can go from 6 to 10 mm. 6 is tighter, 10 is looser. If you have it set to 6 mm and you have the strongest springs, sell it and get a cube that suits your wishes better.

The GAN X IPG V5 system does have screws and you can tighten them like any other speed cube. But you do have to use the tensioning tool like jakelevine said.

Here's a video that will explain some more. Basically, Shawn complains about the exact same thing you complain about. The GAN X with Numerical nuts is too loose, even on the tightest settings.