• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How do I get more accurate with corners with OP?

bob_lightbulb

Hey guys, I'm getting into 3BLD lately and I'm using the OP method for edges and corners. I've got edges down, where I don't make mistakes 99% of the time, but corners are a pretty big struggle for me right now. Anyone have tips on improving accuracy for corners? Thx

Llewelys

- Do sighted solves (helps with the intuitive side of set ups)
- Practice each set up/Y perm/de-set up as if it was its own alg (helps with muscle memory and cancellations)
- Write down memo and solve the cube (or just corners) under a table as fast as you can (helps with muscle memory and associating letters to pieces)

bob_lightbulb

What specifically are you messing up on? Are you doing the Y-perm wrong, or do you do the wrong setup moves?
I think it's the setup moves that are messing me up. I sometimes undo the setup moves wrong and that causes problems

GenTheThief

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think it's the setup moves that are messing me up. I sometimes undo the setup moves wrong and that causes problems
Record a video of yourself doing an only corners solve (with memo written down if that helps) and if you mess up, figure out what set up moves you did wrong. Try to figure out which ones are giving you trouble and decide on what they're going to be before hand so you don't have to come up with them on the fly.

Habsen

Make sure to use the same moves in reverse when undoing your setup. For a couple of cases there are multiple easy setup ways. If you use one way to set your piece up and another to undo the setup, your cube will be messed up although the piece ends up in the correct position.