• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How Can I host an official competition?

WCA
2015Edwa01
YouTube
RECuber
Thread starter #1
Hey guys. I want to be able to host my own competition in oregon, but I don't know how to make it official by the wca where records can be set.
Any suggestions on how I can do that? I already have started a Cubing club at my school, but I don't know where to go from there.
Thanks!!!
-Riley

Mike Hughey

Super Moderator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
YouTube
MikeHughey1
Find a local delegate here:
https://www.worldcubeassociation.org/delegates
and contact them and ask what you would need to do to host a competition.

If you're not sure how to contact them, you can find a previous competition where they were a delegate, and on the WCA page for that competition, there will be a link to email that delegate.

It's usually necessary to have significant experience helping out at previous competitions in order to host a competition, but expectations vary depending on the delegate. Your first step is to contact a delegate.