• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How a beginner can improve?

Marioo

Hi,

This is my first post.

I have just done my first 3BLDs and it is taken me 6-8 minutes. I am using M2/OP and memorization takes me around 4 min.

I am pretty sure that I should focus now on improving my memo. I use letter pairs and to aid me I think on images and audio.

I am also learning some comps for corners using UFR as buffer. I cannot use these comps in my solves because in OP the buffer is LBU.

I just wanted some guidance in how should I proceed improving my memo and transitioning to 3-style.

WCA
2017OWEN01
dont learn 3- style until you're at least sub 3 most people don't advise learning it till your sub 1:30
I would focus on memo and tracing to improve accuracy and speed

personally I go for aecrcuracy over speed as a success will always beat a DNF whatever the speed

billrogers

Marioo, thank you for a good question, cos I`m also interested in how to improve my skills