• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hi, new member here

PeterNewton

Hello,
My name is Peter Newton. I am a cuber from Canada, I average 19-21 seconds on the regular 3x3. Big cubes... horrible times, but I know how to do them. So I guess I am not a total n00b but there is still a long way to go.
Fact: competitions scare me to no end, so I will probably not go to one until I am averaging sub-15.
The 3x3 method I use is Fridrich like many of you.
I am currently working on a set of algorithms that will serve as an extension to Fridrich. It allows users to lower the 6 Fridrich steps (Cross + Pair 1 + Pair 2 + Pair 3 + Pair 4 + OLL + PLL) to 5 steps. Of course there are many algorithms, but I believe that it is better than ZB (no offence to Zbigniew Zborowski or Ron van Bruchem). That is because the recognition is far easier for regular Fridrich users to pick up.
I won't say anymore now, but I hope that I can learn from all of the other members here, and see you soon on a thread!

mcciff2112

WCA
2009MCCA01
welcome to the forums!

i think you should give competitions a chance. ive never been to one, but i just want to know that my times are official. theyre not as scary as you think