• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hi MoFangGe (a couple of friendly requests) Also WuQue Discussion.

TheChaiCuber

WCA
2016CHAI03
Hello,

The title is pretty self-explanatory, so I'll get right down to it.

Request #1: Is there a general idea of when the WuQue 4x4 will release in the U.S.? If anyone else knows or has a hunch based on the trends of cube companies from leak to actual release, please feel free to respond with your thoughts (I don't really pay attention to those patterns, I should though).

Request #2: This is the more controversial one, and a request I realize may be impossible to fulfill considering the production process and quality of future cubes. I kindly ask that you consider the consumer and not make cubes vastly more expensive in the future. I'm not accusing you of doing this, but I worry as YOU become the best cube company that you will lose sight on the consumer (as I believe MoYu has).
This thought popped into my head when MoFangGe released the WuShuang for 22-24$ in leading cube stores. I don't know if this is relatable, but I think that every dollar matters, and even reducing that cube's price to maybe 20-21$ would've made the cube much more attractive. The Valk3 was a pretty good example too, and I personally would've found it much more attractive if it was 1-2$ cheaper. Ideally I would hope that the WuQue would be priced under 20$, and that any other cube release would be priced in relation to the market. Like I mentioned though, I realize due to the process of making a cube that maybe the cube is being marketed for exactly what it's worth.

Does anyone else think that a 15$ 3x3 is significantly cheaper than a 16$ one? or a 21$ cube being significantly cheaper than a 23$ cube? I do think part of me is just being unreasonable, but I'd like to hear opinions.

Anyway, I'm going to end this post on a really excited/happy note, BECAUSE I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE WUQUE! Anyone else?

Reactions: Dom

JaredRB9000

Anyway, I'm going to end this post on a really excited/happy note, BECAUSE I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE WUQUE! Anyone else?

I know right? the last 4x4 that took cubers by storm was the AoSu, and that was like 2+ years ago. I'm personally excited to get my hands on the WuQue, WuShuang, WuHua, and WuJi as a set, it's not common that cubes other than 3x3 get big innovations.

4x4 especially has had quite a dry spell, 5x5 was fine then BOOM it had a revelation anyway with the WeiGhuang GTS and the WuShuang, 6x6 wasn't doing too great, but the WeiShi GTS and the WuHua turned that around. And at last, after being silent for so long, 7x7 finally gets something. The reign of the AoFu is finally over!

But yeah. The fact that QiYi is releasing puzzles in tangent with MoYu and beating them, as well as reaching out to more obscure events like Square-1 and Clock will probably crown them the new king of speedcubing hardware.

This thought popped into my head when MoFangGe released the WuShuang for 22-24$ in leading cube stores. I don't know if this is relatable, but I think that every dollar matters, and even reducing that cube's price to maybe 20-21$ would've made the cube much more attractive. The Valk3 was a pretty good example too, and I personally would've found it much more attractive if it was 1-2$ cheaper. Ideally I would hope that the WuQue would be priced under 20$, and that any other cube release would be priced in relation to the market. Like I mentioned though, I realize due to the process of making a cube that maybe the cube is being marketed for exactly what it's worth.

Think of it like this. Let's say QiYi makes the Valk at $15 a pop, and they need to get them to the stores, but if they sold them for $15 each to the store, they wouldn't gain profit. That's why at $20, they get a $5 profit per cube.

On a different note, I haven't heard anything about the Chuangshi Clock other than the announcement. Also do you think they'll make a magnetic Skewb like MoYu?

TheChaiCuber

WCA
2016CHAI03
Yeah I understand, hence why I mentioned that I realize lowering the price may not be a feasible business decision.

Clock: prototypes take a while, I remember the galaxy being announced many months before the actual release as well as the wushuang, I remember it nearly taking half a year for the announcement to actually reach the release date.

Magnetic skewb: Idk, Their current projects are most likely the 7x7 wuji and the clock as you mentioned, so i guess their design team could be working on a skewb especially if the moyu one monopolizes the skewb market.

rumarfer28

The problem with The Valk is its package, it should came in a normal cardboard box and the price would be ok. No one wants a cool expensive box, the only that matters is the cube itself.

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
It'll be interesting to see how good this is. How it compares to the Yuxin 7x7 and the cubic aofu. With this release the the only WCA puzzle Qiyi doesn't make is the clock.

TheChaiCuber

WCA
2016CHAI03
It'll be interesting to see how good this is. How it compares to the Yuxin 7x7 and the cubic aofu. With this release the the only WCA puzzle Qiyi doesn't make is the clock.

Well there is the QiYi Storm, but it wasn't all that great due to internal popping. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk