• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Busy getting my average down to sub 20

Cuban_Cuber

WCA
2022DEMK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
what should I learn next?
I would recommend learning full PLL followed by full OLL if you havent already, and then learn about advanced F2L. You should also try to improve your recognition and look ahead as you're learning more algorithms.
Once you've become proficient at F2L, OLL, and PLL, you could look into some more advanced algorithm sets, but I think practice is more important.
If you do end up wanting to learn more algorithms, I recommend you watch JPerms video on which sets are worth learning. I think it's very informative and easy to understand.

But take all of this with a grain of salt. This is just my opinion and how I'm improving.
Good luck :)

Cuban_Cuber

WCA
2022DEMK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
learning efficient and intuitive F2L solutions is way more important than OLL
You should not be trying to present your opinion as fact.

However, this could also work. It really just depends on what they're already good at and what they want to prioritize.

Last edited:

tom0989123

I would recommend learning full PLL followed by full OLL if you havent already, and then learn about advanced F2L. You should also try to improve your recognition and look ahead as you're learning more algorithms.
Once you've become proficient at F2L, OLL, and PLL, you could look into some more advanced algorithm sets, but I think practice is more important.
If you do end up wanting to learn more algorithms, I recommend you watch JPerms video on which sets are worth learning. I think it's very informative and easy to understand.

But take all of this with a grain of salt. This is just my opinion and how I'm improving.
Good luck :)
thanks I know Advanced F2L and I lernt that by watching J perms video all readdy and I will now try to lern full OLL
I think it will take me quite a long time thoe.

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
thanks I know Advanced F2L and I lernt that by watching J perms video all readdy and I will now try to lern full OLL
I think it will take me quite a long time thoe.
Nah you don't need full OLL until you are sub 15. Watch some walkthrough solves to make sure that your f2l is good and then work on lookahead.

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
what do you mean?
You should not be trying to present your opinion as fact.
What they stated was true though. Better F2L will save more time than full OLL vs good 2Look OLL. You can look at measured data for this as well as use simple logic to convince yourself that it is true. There are more pieces/steps within solving F2L vs OLL and it is a greater portion of solve time. After all, good 2 look OLL is just using one long alg for an OLL case.

With that said, I would personally suggest learning full OLL and working on F2L. Working on multiple things is not nearly as difficult as it seems.
Take some time and work on learning a set of algs, then take a break and work on something else like F2L for a small period of time, then return to the algs you were learning and see how many you remember and practice them, then repeat.

You could try learning OLL on a virtual cube as well. I suggest using TrainYu. I use it to learn ZBLL pretty easily and highly recommend people try it.