• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hi, I'm Flowkap

Flowkap

Hi, my name is Flowkap, and I'm a German software developer, hobby musician and since 3 months a cuber.

I initially bought a Rubik's brand 2x2 at our local book store, with the hope that I would be able to solve the "easy"cube puzzle. Turned out to still be unsolvable without help.

Gladly it is 2021 so I went to YouTube university and 1 hour later I was capable of doing the beginner method.

3 months later I own an additional 2x2 speedcube (averaging around 12s with Ortega) 2 3x3 averaging 50s with CFOP (4 look last layer) a pyraminx and a 4x4.

That escalated quickly :D

TheEpicCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, my name is Flowkap, and I'm a German software developer, hobby musician and since 3 months a cuber.

I initially bought a Rubik's brand 2x2 at our local book store, with the hope that I would be able to solve the "easy"cube puzzle. Turned out to still be unsolvable without help.

Gladly it is 2021 so I went to YouTube university and 1 hour later I was capable of doing the beginner method.

3 months later I own an additional 2x2 speedcube (averaging around 12s with Ortega) 2 3x3 averaging 50s with CFOP (4 look last layer) a pyraminx and a 4x4.

YouTube University is a a great place to learn everything you need to know about the Rubik's Cube. There are many degrees you can look into, including the Beginner's Degree, the CFOP degree, and the CFOP degree plus. Also, you can look into other degrees such as for ROUX, ZZ, NAUTILUS, MEHTA, PETRUS, etc. And so many subsets for each method! I think you will have a grand time during your session at YouTube University.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Glad to have you on the forums. What instruments do you play?

Flowkap

@Filipe Teixeira I'm mostly working as software architect and backend developer if I'm actually coding. Technologies vary a lot as I'm working in a FinTech startup currently. The ones I enjoy most are definitely the infrastructure Tech like Kubernetes and its surrounding. I did focus on Typescript and Java on backend recently and React + nextJS on frontend (occasionally)

@abunickabhi I play Trombone in a Soul band and besides that bass guitar (usually Rock + Metal) as well as enjoying Ukulele. Technically I can play (a bit) guitar and used to play the trumpet long time ago.