• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hi (help me)

Joseph126jpc

Hi. I'm a returning cuber (I haven't cubes for 1.5 years) and I am going to buy the MGC V2 as my weilong GTS is quite outdated. Does the stickered cube have quality issues with the stickers?

WCA
2018BRUM01
I think the stickers are pretty decent, but the cube is a little bit underwhelming, especially considering that there are better budget options. Great to see cuber coming back though!

Joseph126jpc

I’d actually recommend getting something like an MF3RS3 M for just a little cheaper. It seems to be a bit better than the MGC V2.

Well here in the UK the mf3rs3m is 20% more expensive (on Amazon. I recived j a £25 Amazon gift card and I want to buy a cube with that). Is the extra cost worth it compared to performance?

PugCuber

WCA
2017CONN04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well here in the UK the mf3rs3m is 20% more expensive (on Amazon. I recived j a £25 Amazon gift card and I want to buy a cube with that). Is the extra cost worth it compared to performance?
DO NOT BUY CUBES ON AMAZON. Scams are possible.
Only order from a REAL Cube Store.
Since you live in the UK, try buying cubes from speedcubestore.co.uk.
It’s much safer.

Plus, a lot of titles of cubes on Amazon are incredibly misleading, long, dumb, and just sound stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joseph126jpc

DO NOT BUY CUBES ON AMAZON. Scams are possible.
Only order from a REAL Cube Store.
Since you live in the UK, try buying cubes from speedcubestore.co.uk.
It’s much safer.

Scams? What type of scams? The seller has a 4.5 star rating and with free returns is it worth the risk!

WCA
2018BRUM01
Scams? What type of scams? The seller has a 4.5 star rating and with free returns is it worth the risk!
it never hurts to order from a real cube store. Speedcubestore.co.uk has been know to scam, but I ordered from them and they actually shipped fairly fast, however they are actually based in china. Order from Dfanti-x on amazon if you order from amazon. If you have a $25 giftcard, I would buy a gts2m https://www.amazon.com/D-FantiX-Wei...le/dp/B0711Q4W2N?ref_=bl_dp_s_web_11748076011

hopefully that helps

PugCuber

WCA
2017CONN04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Some titles are misleading. It may say something like Valk 3, but in some cases, people have ended up with something like an AoLong V2 or GuanLong. It’s not worth the risk. Just get cubes from speedcubestore.co.uk. There’s less of a risk.

lawye

WCA
2019YEFA01
well, im a chinese so, i would say aolong 2m is great and cheap, i think it only cost 2 || 3 dollar. also, buying cubes on its own shop is often safer.
i dont know whether you have some website like Taobao or 1688, but thats my choice.

WCA
2023FUKU01
Hi. I'm a returning cuber (I haven't cubes for 1.5 years) and I am going to buy the MGC V2 as my weilong GTS is quite outdated. Does the stickered cube have quality issues with the stickers?
I’d actually recommend getting something like an MF3RS3 M for just a little cheaper. It seems to be a bit better than the MGC V2.
yuxin little magic M is better than the mf3rs3m.
You may refer to the poll result in the budget high-end 3x3 thread.
https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/budget-high-end-3x3-comparison.73563/