• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hi from Travis, Australia.

Thread starter #1
Hey!

My names Travis, i'm 14 and from the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Aus.

I started cubing about a month ago. My friend brought a cube to school and I was determined to solve it, so I bought a $2 cube and watched pogobat (Dan Brown)'s tutorial. My first timed solve was 3:45.

So far the 3x3 is the only puzzle I own, but I have great intentions of getting into 2x2 solving and possibly others.

My 3x3 PB Single is 21.57 (Which was done today). and my Average of 12 is 29.4

I have used both Roux and Fridrich method just to test them, but I prefer fridrich.

I use F2L, and 2 Look Oll/Pll, with a Lubix Zhanchi as my main.

I'm always keen to meet up for cubing and might attend competitions interstate once I'm confident with my times.

Thanks, Travis.

WCA
2010WHIT01
Welcome! There are many Aussie cubers here.

You have very good times for one month of cubing. Other puzzles are fun so I'd recommend getting some of them.

Good luck with cubing and hopefully you can learn lots on the forums :)

ottozing

Platinum Member
WCA
2012MCNE01
YouTube
ottozing
Welcome fellow Aussie cube addict/cuber :) I would highly recommend going to as many Australian competetions as you can as it's a great way to meet other cubers. Don't worry about being slow at a competition as it's mostly about having fun and chatting :)

P.S. Getting a 21 single after 1 month of cubing is incredible. It took me like 7 months just to get a sub 30.

Thread starter #10
A Queenslander huh? I don't know how many of those there are around. You a Rugby League fan?
Yeah love it, I'm a Melbourne supporter though.

Welcome, please do come to comps, its a great way to meet new friends and have fun no matter how fast you are.
I would but travelling interstate just for a social meet is just too expensive :/

Out of curiosity, what do you average using roux?
I haven't even timed a solve with it, as I only learned it when I was bored one day.

I just can't grasp the speed of it, although I do admire people who can do it fast (5BLD being one of my favourite roux solvers)

Last edited by a moderator: