• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hi cubers!

Beppe81

Hi all!

I'm Beppe81, I'm 29 and I'm from Italy.. I've been cubing for a while, and now I'm interested more and more in speedcubing!

My PB is a little below 1 minute, but I'd like to improve..
I know beginner method and CFOP, with 2look OLL and 2look PLL

My cubes: original rubik, white maru (my main cube), mini diansheng, mirror block and a bulk cube I personalized with stickers home made!

At the moment I'm trying to improve cross and F2L

Beppe81

Thanks I'm going to do this, as well as trying to do the cross blind.. so it'll be automathic and I'll be able to look ahead better ;)

Zane_C

Premium Member
WCA
2010CARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi and welcome to the forums. :)
Cross blind will be a good step towards improving your cross and lookahead. When you decide to focus more on your last layer, some people make the mistake of learning more OLL algorithms first. PLL is a higher priority by far.

Beppe81

Thanks for your advices! I recently bought my Maru DIY, and it seems quite good.. I just tuned it and it has good speed and few/no pops, but I'm considering lubing it for more speed..

Maybe in the future, I'll try some of those cubes!

bluedasher

I'd say to improve F2L you really want to just familiarize yourself with your F2L cases and try to find the most optimal way to pair and insert your corner-edge pair. You should take no more than 8 moves to insert your F2L pair. When finding the most optimal pair and insert method really try to make use of all the empty slots while dong F2L. As far as the LL goes... Just practice finger tricks and get your LL down to around 10 sec. to about 12 sec. if you aren't in that range already. Really at your stage just practice. Do about 50-100 solves a day if you want to improve, and do around 25 if you just want to stay in shape. Just 3 months ago I was in your time range and now I'm around 20 sec. without learning any new algorithms. Once you get in the low to mid 30's start learning full PLL. Then when you get pretty much sub 20 start learning full OLL.

Hope this helped :)

Oh, welcome to the form.