• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hey there

GigaPotato

YouTube
Visit Channel
My name is Doug and I've been able to solve the cube for about two years now. I'm 17 and live just north of Houston. I average around 30-35 but sometimes get sub-30 solves. Any other Houston cubers on here?

GigaPotato

YouTube
Visit Channel
Actually I have already looked at the cometition info. even before registering and i'm sorry to say I can't go, but I can't tell you how much I wish it were in Houston! There was one last year but I didn't even know about it until like a month or two later because I wasn't all that into it back then. I do wish I could go, but that's an ectremely long drive and I just can't afford it :(

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
5 hours isn't too long, tbh. Everything's bigger in Texas.
Well, if you find a way to get down here, you could stay with me for the weekend and wouldn't have to worry about paying for a hotel room.

Anyway, we'll head further North next time; maybe even Houston.

GigaPotato

YouTube
Visit Channel
5 hours isn't too long, tbh. Everything's bigger in Texas.
Well, if you find a way to get down here, you could stay with me for the weekend and wouldn't have to worry about paying for a hotel room.

Anyway, we'll head further North next time; maybe even Houston.

That would certainly be a lot cheaper, i'll have to talk it over with my dad but he'll probably say no. If I do go, it would be my first competition so i'm not sure exactly how the whole process works but it looks really cool. As for the next one, a Houston comp. would be great! I would definitely go.

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That would certainly be a lot cheaper, i'll have to talk it over with my dad but he'll probably say no. If I do go, it would be my first competition so i'm not sure exactly how the whole process works but it looks really cool. As for the next one, a Houston comp. would be great! I would definitely go.

If you can find the transportation, you should go. Competitions are a lot more fun than you realize, no matter your skill level.