• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hey, I'm Jayden. From Perth

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayT

Hi, I'm Jayden, from Perth Australia and 22. I post regularly on r/Cubers so I thought I might as well join this forum. I'm a university student right now with a major in International relations/politics. Next year i'll likely be working in Japan, followed hopefully by Taiwan, before returning to Australia with more experience under my belt (and a better chance to get a decent job). My interests are pretty varied: Piano, programming, AFL (australian football), boxing, cubing (of course), electronic engineering, street fighter ect.

I started speed cubing at the start of this year. My 3x3 ao100 right now is 20.97 and PB is 15.80. My goal is to eventually average 10 seconds.

Last edited:

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
I would be happy if I ever became the fastest in Perth, that's for sure. You're from Singapore and yet you competed in Perth Winter. What brought you to Perth? Holidays?

followed my dad while he was on a work trip. ticket was free anyway so why not?

SweetSolver

WCA
2014SWEE01
Welcome! Great to see more Aussies. I've noticed that interest in engineering seems to be quite common among cubers, and I've met plenty of people who are studying it at Uni or already working in the industry. Have you been to an official competition yet?

JayT

Welcome! Great to see more Aussies. I've noticed that interest in engineering seems to be quite common among cubers, and I've met plenty of people who are studying it at Uni or already working in the industry. Have you been to an official competition yet?

I haven't been to any competitions yet. I think I missed the boat this year, but that's fine. There were a couple hosted at UWA weren't there? I've been to UWA a couple times for various functions (I study at Curtin though). Eventually when I am faster, I will definitely go to a competition though. And yeah it does seem that way. I was previously a Computer Science major before I switched. I just got tired of the maths component, and the prospect of being stuck in an office job/internship after graduation. Though, I'm sure in the future when I am making no where near as much money, I'll regret switching lol. These days I view programming and computers as mostly a hobby. Every now and then I do fun things like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyxUjL_TA3A

Status
Not open for further replies.