• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hey hey :3

edgymove

Hey hey, I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself :)
I'm relatively new to speedsolving, I got a rubiks brand cube when I was around the age of 9 but I never managed to solve it and I lost it a few years later, now I started again to try my luck, my best time with the 3x3 and the CFOP method is around 2 minutes (1:56.03) and I'm practising since 2 weeks now, I also managed to solve the 4x4 three times but never under 2 hours....it's getting better^^
Currently, I have a rubiks brand cube (for the nostalgia), an MFJS Meilong 3, MFJS Meilong 4x4, ShengShou Gem and two unknown cubes (maybe a Guanlong? unfortunately I don't know).
Maybe you could help me find out https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/what-are-the-brands-names-of-those-cubes.77206/
My other hobbies are making and listening to music, drawing, reading comic books and playing games :)
If you have any questions or if you can suggest me some good beginner cubes, go on :D

Last edited:
YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome to the forum! I would suggest the yuxin little magic for a starter cube, but you seem to have gone way past that :) . A good cubing method to learn once you've mastered the beginner's is CFOP, you can just search for 'CFOP cubing algorithms' and it should pop up.

edgymove

Thank you all very much :D

Welkom. I saw you are from the Netherlands. Always nice to see cubers from my country. You have some great cubes in the MeiLong series. They are among my favourites too. Happy belated Koningsdag. :)

Haha dank je :) I wasn't born in the Netherlands but I moved here a few years ago, I'm still learning the language^^
I really like the MeiLong 3, but I'm not that happy with my MeiLong 4x4, it doesn't really turn that great at the moment...

Welcome to the forum! I would suggest the yuxin little magic for a starter cube, but you seem to have gone way past that :) . A good cubing method to learn once you've mastered the beginner's is CFOP, you can just search for 'CFOP cubing algorithms' and it should pop up.

Thank you for the tips, I thought about buying a YuXin Little Magic next, or maybe a QiYi Warrior W, but I'm still not sure...
I try to learn more and more every day, at the moment I only know about 12 algorithms.

nice profile. Is that actually you or was that picture from the internet ?

Thank you, the picture is from the internet, I am too shy to use a picture of myself and I didn't know what picture I should take instead, but I think I'm going to take something else, sorry for confusing you :(

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Haha dank je :) I wasn't born in the Netherlands but I moved here a few years ago, I'm still learning the language^^
I really like the MeiLong 3, but I'm not that happy with my MeiLong 4x4, it doesn't really turn that great at the moment...

The MeiLong 4 works best with magnets glued into it, but it's a lot of work. Otherwise it does need some lube, especially on the inner pieces, stalks and tracks, and a little bit on the inner side of the pieces too. There are other options, but the best ones out there are pretty pricey still. Welkom to the Netherlands. :)