• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hey guys, name's Ryan!

Ryntak94

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi. My name's Ryan and I'm an addict.
I'm a senior in high school and I'm known for carrying around at least 3 different puzzles with me to every class every day. Usually more. I've been cubing for a little over three years now and I decided since I finally memorized all of OLL and all of PLL AND have an interest in competing, that I should get to know some other cubers. I'm looking forward to meeting as many people as I can and to learning as much as I can from everyone around. I'm hoping to attend the world championships this year in Las Vegas, so maybe I'll even be lucky enough to meet some of you there.

I solve anything form a 2x2 to a 7x7 on a regular basis (though I'm currently out a 4x4). I have a megaminx and a gigaminx and a bunch of other random puzzles. I recently invented my own method for solving a LanLan scopperil because I couldn't find a single tutorial online for how to solve it. (http://www.icubemart.com/apps/webstore/products/show/2172221)

When I'm not cubing I'm most likely doing some kind of homework which would mainly be related to speech, theater, or calculus. Calculus is my passion I plan on majoring in mathematics. But 90% of the time if not more I have a rubiks cube either in my hands or in my reach.

I average in the 35 second range for my 3x3 solves. I think I was closer to the 30 second range before I learned all of the OLL's but I'm sure I've slowed because I'm just getting used to recognizing them.

Last edited:

A Leman

Hi and welcome to the forum! It sounds like you have a lot more puzzles than me. What do you try to specialize in? Do you BLD?